Advice Request How to remove Bitdedender Free completely?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I know this is a dumb question, but how do you uninstall Bitdefender Free completely? Bitdefender doesn't offer an uninstaller tool for the free version, and Bitdefender have tons of uninstaller tools. Can I use Iobit Uninstaller to uninstall Bitdefender Free then run Bitdefender either paid or trial 2018 uninstaller tool then search Bitdefender through Void Search Everything and Autorun?
Program and Feature uninstall barely remove everything.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I just use Geek Uninstaller, then I run Wise Disk Cleaner. No leftovers in the registry or in the file system then.
capture_05272018_140256.jpg capture_05272018_140314.jpg capture_05272018_141019.jpg

BD Free can install/uninstall without a reboot, that is pretty neat. Though, if I do not run Wise Disk Cleaner first, I get this error:

capture_05272018_140651.jpg

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Last edited:

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Since you can remove BD Free through "Programs and Features" why you need uninstallers ? First uninstall BD Free and then the BD Agent. There will be some left over files in the Program Data folder (hidden folder by default) which you can manually Shift+Delete :) Depend on 3rd party uninstallers only when absolutely needed those apps sometimes do more harm than good.

I know this is a dumb question, but how do you uninstall Bitdefender Free completely? Bitdefender doesn't offer an uninstaller tool for the free version, and Bitdefender have tons of uninstaller tools. Can I use Iobit Uninstaller to uninstall Bitdefender Free then run Bitdefender either paid or trial 2018 uninstaller tool then search Bitdefender through Void Search Everything and Autorun?
Program and Feature uninstall barely remove everything.

To do a clean uninstall you must do it manually = clean the registry and file system manually after uninstalling Bitdefender Free or using one of the uninstall softs like Revo or GeekUninstaller.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I just use Geek Uninstaller, then I run Wise Disk Cleaner. No leftovers in the registry or in the file system then.
View attachment 189262 View attachment 189263 View attachment 189265

BD Free can install/uninstall without a reboot, that is pretty neat. Though, if I do not run Wise Disk Cleaner first, I get this error:

View attachment 189264

Are you using GeekUninstaller free?
According to softpedia, their uninstall tool covers the free edition too: Download Bitdefender Uninstall Tool 2018

I never know that the Bitdefender uninstaller tool cover Bitdefender Free because on the forums one of the Bitdefender support said there's no uninstall tool for the Bitdefender Free.
Since you can remove BD Free through "Programs and Features" why you need uninstallers ? First uninstall BD Free and then the BD Agent. There will be some left over files in the Program Data folder (hidden folder by default) which you can manually Shift+Delete :) Depend on 3rd party uninstallers only when absolutely needed those apps sometimes do more harm than good.

I don't think Programs and Features will uninstall and delete EVERYTHING especially Bitdefender Free took up more than 1GB storage space.
I just use Revo uninstaller free or GeekUninstaller to remove BD free, they always scan for leftovers while uninstalled from 'Programs and Features ' you will have several leftovers.
To do a clean uninstall you must do it manually = clean the registry and file system manually after uninstalling Bitdefender Free or using one of the uninstall softs like Revo or GeekUninstaller.

Can I use Iobit Uninstaller to uninstall it? Can the free version of Revo and GeekUninstaller work too?

Reactions: Weebarra

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Iobit will also work, i personally did it with revo free and geek and it uninstalled perfect.... just wait to restart the system and let the program search for leftovers.
(uninstalled several times BD free)

So If I use Geek Uninstaller free to uninstall Bitdefender Free not force uninstall, and Bitdefender asks to restart my system in order to complete the uninstall, I will say yes?

Reactions: Weebarra

Mitronix477

Level 1
Verified
Sep 25, 2017
If for some reason the installation is corrupted, I would suggest you use this uninstall tool:
http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Gonzales_uninstalltool.exe

Try to delete everything in the Temp folder as well, then try again. Simply open Command Prompt then type %temp% and hit OK. Then delete everything from there.

If the above uninstall tool does not work, try these ones according to your operating system type:

For 32 bit Windows:
https://support.bitdefender.com/file.php/71903091XPGNHHBBQBMPTCP0/bitdefender_uninstall_tool_32.exe

For 64 bit Windows:
https://support.bitdefender.com/file.php/71549455RPKSMQAWYNWZNDP0/bitdefender_uninstall_tool_64.exe

Last edited:

JoseyWales

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
I know this is a dumb question, but how do you uninstall Bitdefender Free completely? Bitdefender doesn't offer an uninstaller tool for the free version.....
At least you got the BD free to work on your end. I tried and tried....when the login screen would appear to activate BD....not one damn thing would happen. Not One. I removed Comodo before installation....changed to Google's DNS...OpenDNS...nothing, zippo, Notta. I think my cloud of disdain for BD now is still lingering a couple of blocks away.

Peter Phillie

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2018
Just go to your computers Control Panel and double-click Programs and Features. Find Bitdefender and select Uninstall. Also, if you do not want any traces of Bitdefender, try to delete everything in the Temp folder. Simply open Command Prompt and type %temp% then hit OK. I hope this info will benefit you.

Reactions: stefanos
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.