How to Remove Thumbnails From Google Chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barako

Jul 7, 2014
Guys,

You must go to Chorme's Settings > Show Advance Settings. Then, find the "Web content" section and uncheck the box below.

Hope that would help a lot.... Email me if you need some tips & tricks.

-
2r44r6e.jpg

-

davidgzz

Level 1
Verified
Oct 12, 2013
Well in my version of Google Chrome there's an X (at the top right of the image) to just delete the thumbnail

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Well in my version of Google Chrome there's an X (at the top right of the image) to just delete the thumbnail

Imagine doing that with a history of thousands of webpages.

hot IT chick

Jul 8, 2014
Did I stumble on the wrong thread? Are you not talking about how to disable history thumbnails on the Chrome new tab page? The replies seem pretty confused.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Did I stumble on the wrong thread? Are you not talking about how to disable history thumbnails on the Chrome new tab page? The replies seem pretty confused.

This is about
How to Remove Thumbnails From Google Chrome?
and not how to disable :)

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

hot IT chick

Jul 8, 2014
I told you how to fix it. not sure what barako's suggestion even has to do with the issue. You are talking about those annoying thumbnails of your recently visited pages that appear under the google search field on your home page, right?

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
oh i guess yeah, i was confused before btw i don't use chrome based browser now but thnx for taking ur time to reply on my thread hehe

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
yup pale moon, cyberfox are slow for me. Find me a good light weight browser who doesn't eat CPU & not consume ram .

hot IT chick

Jul 8, 2014
idk, i have 32GB and an i7 so i don't really think about it. i think it's more the website platforms like flash and java that are the resource hogs. not the browser itself. although, waiting for firefox to even launch is annoying...i have no desire to use safari and internet exploder isn't even a consideration. at least chrome is fast and pretty secure. and now that i got rid of the thumbnails, i am even happier with it.

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Good for u but for me chrome eats CPU, i tested it in different system & not everyone uses i7 & 32 GB ram. here firefox launch take 1-2 seconds. I like IE 11 but since i can't use addon which i want it's not my main browser.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
For anyone paranoid about using extensions and willing to program their own, this is the function you should be looking at:

https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/override

An example Manifest file for you:

Code:
{
"name": "NewNewTab",
"version": "0.0.1",
"manifest_version": 1,
"description" : "Override NewTab.",
"icons": { "16": "icons/16x16.png", "48": "icons/48x48.png", "128": "icons/128x128.png" },
"omnibox": { "keyword" : "yeah" },
"browser_action": {
"default_title": "Override NewTab",
 },
 "chrome_url_overrides" : {
 "newtab": "newtab/newtab.html"
 }
^ Code might be a bit rusty, haven't done a chrome extension in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.