Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I wanted to install comodo free firewall on windows 10, but I ended up with internet security premium. How do I revert to firewall free?

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

You need to change the settings from 'Internet Security' to 'Firewall Security' I can't go into much detail or tell you where it is because I have not used COMODO in a while.

Reactions: shmu26

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you do a Default installation of Comodo? Then you may have more unwanted software such as Chromodo and GeekBuddy.

Open Control Panel > Program and Features > Comodo Internet Security Premium > Modify/Change/Repair.

You may want to check for Comodo Chromodo / Dragon and GeekBuddy.

@Tornado Those are the CIS configuration profiles. OP wants to remove Comodo Antivirus from their system.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
thanks. got it.
there is a middle choice, called proactive security. any idea what that is all about?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Did you do a Default installation of Comodo? Then you may have more unwanted software such as Chromodo and GeekBuddy.

Open Control Panel > Program and Features > Comodo Internet Security Premium > Modify/Change/Repair.

@Tornado Those are the CIS configuration profiles. OP wants to remove Comodo Antivirus from their system.
great, now I was able to uninstall the antivirus. that is exactly what I wanted to do.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014

Latest version of Comodo by default have GeekBuddy and Chromodo un-check.

Clipboard01.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Latest version of Comodo by default have GeekBuddy and Chromodo un-check.
Good to know they have acknowledged this, hopefully they don't try and sneak these PUA in in-program Product Updates.

@shmu26 It's always recommended to perform a custom installation of any future software, that way you know exactly what is being put on your PC.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Good to know they have acknowledged this, hopefully they don't try and sneak these PUA in in-program Product Updates.

@shmu26 It's always recommended to perform a custom installation of any future software, that way you know exactly what is being put on your PC.
good advice, for sure.
But in this particular case,comodo doesn't give you any options.
I wanted to install the comodo "free" firewall on windows 10, but the downloaded file is not executable on win10. I found somewhere on their forum, in an old post, that you have to unpack the downloaded file, using 7-zip or the like, and then, buried deep deep inside, is an exe file that installs the full paid program without asking any questions.

Not only that, but it does not turn off windows firewall, so you end up with both running at the same time, until you manually turn off WF. I was told by geek buddy to leave both running, but that is obviously bad advice.

I wonder what else is wrong about the default installation? Any important tweaks or corrections I should do?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@shmu26:
COMODO - Proactive Security - This configuration turns CIS into the ultimate protection machine. All possible protections are activated and all critical COM interfaces and files are protected. During the setup, if only Comodo Firewall installation option is selected, the next screen allows users to select this configuration as default CIS configuration. If selected, Firewall is always set to Safe mode. But according to the malware scanning results performed during the setup process, if no malware is found, HIPS is set to Clean PC mode. Otherwise, the default is Safe mode.
Source: Comodo Help

Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.