How to save Hitman Pro license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
I have installed Hitman pro on computer,now I want to re-install my OS(personal reason).

How I save hitman pro activation so i can use it after re-install os

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

the problem is that HMP license doesn't care if you reformat/reinstall your system; you are set to 3 times then it is done. it was a pain in the ass to make them believe i reformat my system and i do it regularly, they did a "commercial gesture" but they said it will be the last... it is why i don't use HMP anymore...this company use other vendors engines to make money and in the meanwhile they complicate your life for a license you own...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Can't you contact them about it and let them know?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I dont know why they would find it hard to believe people reformat and reinstall their OS regularly given the nature of their business.Over time any OS gets bogged down and everyone knows there is nothing like a fresh install.I do it myself maybe not as regularly as some but still try to do it every so often.They should not limit the amount of times you can re-enter your license that you paid for.Not good for business if you ask me.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What about Zemana Anti-Malware?
http://www.zemana.com/product/antimalware/overview/

If it's a license you have paid-for, try contacting their Support team.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
At least windows activation had a backup. Or else I am ruined. I do a fresh install every 6 months.
Has anyone tried what happens when you do a refresh on windows8.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Earth said:
What about Zemana Anti-Malware?
http://www.zemana.com/product/antimalware/overview/

If it's a license you have paid-for, try contacting their Support team.

Hitman Pro license I have got from a recent giveaway
Zemana license activate with no problem,I have activated zemana license which i got from bitsdjour promo 4th time today;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
malbky said:
At least windows activation had a backup. Or else I am ruined. I do a fresh install every 6 months.
Has anyone tried what happens when you do a refresh on windows8.

I have not tried it on windows 8 Pro/WMC because if I do I am probably going to have a tough time reactivating it if you know what I mean.I have done it on Windows 8 pro which was only activated via KMS for180 days.I have heard of some who have had to reinstall the OS having trouble activating it again online but if you have a valid license key there should be no problems using phone activation if you run into server problems.

To go to the phone activation screen directly you can run a command prompt{Run as Administrator} type slui 4 and hit enter

You can also type slui 4 in the Windows Explorer search box and it should come up also

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
White nobster i was not talking about windows 8. I was taking does hmp ask a new activation even if win8 is refreshed.
Windows activation data can be backed up.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
malbky said:
White nobster i was not talking about windows 8. I was taking does hmp ask a new activation even if win8 is refreshed.
Windows activation data can be backed up.

Yes I know ,i misunderstood you.If you re-install your OS and install HMP again it is going to ask you for your license.I have not tried it myself though.It should be noted though that HMP does have an activation limit at the time you purchase a license

D

Deleted member 178

For HMP refreshing/reinstalling is like put HMP in a new computer...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
HMP 3.5.9 and prior, it was possible to reset it's license.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
User Comment Removed.

4. No inappropriate content.
No commercial advertising and spamming. This includes using the forum, email and private message systems to spam other members.
No warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content is allowed.
Encouraging the use of illegally obtained content is not allowed.
We do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature.

http://malwaretips.com/Announcement-General-Forum-Rules-Updated-17-October-2012

Topic is solved. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.