How to secure my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viel

Thread author
Hi,
I am extremely confused.. I have Malwarebytes + Avast + Hitman Pro and Windows firewall,
I am now looking into creating a SUA and using that instead of Admin, but I am a noob and I have some questions. My first question is, if I want to help secure my PC using SUA instead of Admin account, do I just simply create a SUA and I am done? Or is there more settings to configure.etc? My second question is, what are some more tips you can give me to lock down the security of my PC? I do not think I need a third party firewall since I won't be doing shady business, I think Windows firewall would be enough for me.
Please correct me if I am wrong :D

Thank you and have a nice day! :) :) :)

Reactions: AtlBo

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Hi,
I am extremely confused.. I have Malwarebytes + Avast + Hitman Pro and Windows firewall,
I am now looking into creating a SUA and using that instead of Admin, but I am a noob and I have some questions. My first question is, if I want to help secure my PC using SUA instead of Admin account, do I just simply create a SUA and I am done? Or is there more settings to configure.etc? My second question is, what are some more tips you can give me to lock down the security of my PC? I do not think I need a third party firewall since I won't be doing shady business, I think Windows firewall would be enough for me.
Please correct me if I am wrong :D

Thank you and have a nice day! :) :) :)
I suggest reading through this:
User Account like a Castle

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
You can go this route : always make sure you have a clean ( virgin ) back by using macrium reflect free. Then for system wide virtualisation you can create a snapshot of your main drive by using rollback rx home edition. Then you can ad software to disable all telemetry and other ms spying tools by using o&o shutup 10 and spybot antibeacon. Create another snapshot after this. Install your prefered security softs. If you want free go for avast free in hardened mode and comodo firewall with cruelsisters settings. Always make sure that you have all of your software and windows updates up to date using tools like patchmypc and piriform update checker for your browsers use these extensions : canvas fingerprint block , https everywhere , privacy badger and adguard extension. Set your dns to adguard settings and get simple dnscrypt. use a good vpn like windscribe they give you 50gb a month free traffic. You can harden your system with hardconfigurator on recommended settings and optionally use the latest beta of malwarebytesantiexploit to strenghten your apps , browsers and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.