Guide | How To How to set CIS + EAM for max compatibility & security

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
RE: How to set CIS + EAM for max compatibility

MRF71 said:
Thanks a ton for this tut

You are welcome, im still using this combo, still no issues, still almost bullet-proof.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

umbrapolaris said:
MRF71 said:
Thanks a ton for this tut

You are welcome, im still using this combo, still no issues, still almost bullet-proof.

I would say it's very close to 100% bulletproof
I have tested cis and eam (not at the same time) and eam blocked all 30 links I threw at it and comodo blocked everything as well so no worries about malware on my pc...plus I use sandboxie and I have a custom hostsfile blocking bad sites.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Ok MalwareTips was stalling so I kept hitting reply/reload and it must have sent it a few times, my apologies

EDIT: NM I fixed it

MalwareTips seems to hang alot when I reply to a post, not sure why

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

MRF71 said:
plus I use sandboxie and I have a custom hostsfile blocking bad sites.

Me too, EAM + CIS + Sandboxie is perfect to me ^^

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

And common sense is the best protection!

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
this quick guide will allow you to use EAM (full version) alongside CIS with maximal compatibility.

Is there any reasons why you untick create rule for allowed applications?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
MRF71 said:
Is there any reasons why you untick create rule for allowed applications?

Unless you have a need to edit the rule, this option isn't necessary in safe mode because safe applications are already allowed by default.

Creating an 'allow' rule for an already allowed application just creates a needlessly bloated rules list.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Ahhh I see, does this go for most security apps?

On another topic, how would I configure eam to scan my gmail if possible? or comodo?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think it isn't possible since those were web based mail and if there was a malicious link then webguard/DNS (from EAM or Comodo) would block it. And Gmail were automatically sent on spam box for emails known.

Likely capable for Outlook and Thunderbird as possible.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
MRF71 said:
Ahhh I see, does this go for most security apps?

Few very AV are designed to work alongside other AV/Suite, the most known are EAM, Webroot SA and Immunet.
I had test them all alongside CIS, and EAM is the best one so far...the Behavior Blocker and Surf Protection feature are what CIS lacked and complement CIS perfectly (even Comodo plan to add a BB to CIS).

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Sorry, what is SA?
Since comodo is weak as far as exploits to my knowledge, how does emsisoft do?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
@MRF71 WebrootSA is an Internet Security suite. SA stands for Secure Anywhere. I thought Comodo was strong against exploits. I agree with Umbra very few AV's are designed to be compatible with other products. Most notorious is Bitdefender. AVG has now become very co operative to firewalls and other HIPS.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Ohhhh gotcha, thought it was another program...I thought comodo's weakness were exploits???

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011

I usually just use comodo sandbox, is there any benefit to adding sandboxie?

umbrapolaris said:
MRF71 said:
plus I use sandboxie and I have a custom hostsfile blocking bad sites.

Me too, EAM + CIS + Sandboxie is perfect to me ^^

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@pcjunklist: Yes of course, Comodo auto-sandbox (not the manual sandbox) works on policy rules where sandboxie works as a virtual environment, so both of them working in different ways complement each other.

@MRF71: CIS now is very strong, before the AV was its main weakness but after throwing to it hundreds zeor-day malwares, CIS AV part, caught almost all of them , EAM catching the remaining ones.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
This flaw is not fixed yet because it is not a priority for comodo, the GPcode weakness is a well known flaw that is blocked by the AV & Cloud feature of CIS since long time, if like me you are paranoid , you can add : *_CRYPT to the blocked files (defense+ -> computer security policy -> blocked files)

Also on the comodo forum you have many other tips to counter it

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.