How to setup HitmanPro.Alert for Maximum Protection (Guide)

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Hmm. I don't turn application lockdown off for any process especially my zip programs. That feature is great protection. With it I don't need to be concern if one of my people need to open a zip file that is suppose to be jpg files. If they are jpg's they are fine. But if they are executables in disguise then HMPA shuts them down. I love it.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Can i add thunderbird & outlook to HMP.A?
What template should i choose?

Already got the answer via support. Added uTorrent in their too, got a BSOD, removed it, now everything is fine.:cautious::sneaky::)

EDIT: Currently manually added protected apps are MPC-HC, Notepad++, Thunderbird, Outlook & WinRAR. Disabled protections for firefox & also disabled the Keystroke Encryption as they were conflicting with Kaspersky Secure Keyboard.

Last edited:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Just looking, and Outlook 2015 is not added on my HMPA 3.6.7 build 604 .
Do you think it's necessary to add it manually for better protection ?

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Already got the answer via support. Added uTorrent in their too, got a BSOD, removed it, now everything is fine.:cautious::sneaky::)

EDIT: Currently manually added protected apps are MPC-HC, Notepad++, Thunderbird, Outlook & WinRAR. Disabled protections for firefox & also disabled the Keystroke Encryption as they were conflicting with Kaspersky Secure Keyboard.

Hi @shukla44
Can you tell us what are the support's explanations for Thunderbird and Outlook ?
Thanks

Reactions: shukla44

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hello,
Just looking, and Outlook 2015 is not added on my HMPA 3.6.7 build 604 .
Do you think it's necessary to add it manually for better protection ?
When I used HMPA, I added Outlook manually, because it is my desktop email client, and it has vulnerabilities that have been exploited in the past.
But I don't do a whole lot of complicated operations with Outlook. I am guessing that some Outlook functions won't work.
Try it out, and see if everything works right for you. If not, you can try disabling specific mitigations for Outlook.

Reactions: shukla44 and JB007

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
When I used HMPA, I added Outlook manually, because it is my desktop email client, and it has vulnerabilities that have been exploited in the past.
But I don't do a whole lot of complicated operations with Outlook. I am guessing that some Outlook functions won't work.
Try it out, and see if everything works right for you. If not, you can try disabling specific mitigations for Outlook.
Thanks @shmu26 for your help:)

Reactions: shukla44 and shmu26

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hum:oops:
I'm not sure about what is the better mitigation to chose for protecting Outlook 2015 ?
Outlook.PNG

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Hi @shukla44
Can you tell us what are the support's explanations for Thunderbird and Outlook ?
Thanks
Hi,

We can not guarantee all will work fine, but you can find out :).
I would add Thunderbird and Outlook to the Office template and uTorrent to the Internet Browser template.

Regards,
HitmanPro Support

This was the reply, just ignore the utorrent one as it gave me a BSOD, other than that i am using thunderbird & outlook in office template as suggested. No problems.
Regards.

Reactions: shmu26 and JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.