Guide | How To How to setup Webroot SA alongside another Antivirus

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
N

Nige_40

Thread author
Umbra Corp. said:
no problem :D

For excluding Webroot from Comodo AV/FW/CIS/

Antivirus -> scanner setting -> exclusions -> add -> browse running processes -> WRSA.exe

Firewall -> define a new trusted application -> predefined policy : trusted -> select -> running processes -> WRSA.exe

Defense+ -> trusted files -> add -> browse running processes -> WRSA.exe

Umbra for me since I got it on CIS 6.0 I have my set this way.

Where you say: Antivirus -> scanner setting -> exclusions -> add -> browse running processes -> WRSA.exe

For CIS 6.0 I go to Tasks> Advance Tasks > Open Advance Setting > Security Settings then AntiVirus > I open up Exclusions: In this area I click on Excluded Applications, then I look at the bottom of this menu to open up Add then I Select running processes, then I scroll down till I find WRSA.exe then I press OK now it shows C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSE.exe

Where you say: Firewall -> define a new trusted application -> predefined policy : trusted -> select -> running processes -> WRSA.exe

For CIS 6.0 I go to Tasks> Advance Tasks > Open Advance Setting > Security Settings then Firewall> I open Application rules > Press Add on the Bottom Menu> Browse> running processes then Select WRSA.exe
now it shows C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSE.exe under Treat as it shows Custom.

Where you say: Defense+ -> trusted files -> add -> browse running processes -> WRSA.exe

For CIS 6.0 it's this way: I go to Tasks> Advance Tasks > Open Advance Setting > Security Settings then Defence+> I open File Protection> and under Protected Files I added WRSA.exe.
But to add it for unfamiliarly CIS 6.0 users> Under Protected Files, bring up The Drop box which is at the bottom. then press Add> then Select running processes, then scroll down till you see WRSA.exe.
When it done it will show> C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSE.exe

The end.

I hope I have explained it all for CIS 6.0 Users.

also Umbra you can get this checked out also if you wish, but I looked at your guide, and went thru all the options, before I typed them all out for all to see.

Thanks again

Nigel :)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Also, I would like to make sure on how to set-up Eset Smart Security with Webroot SecureAnyWhere?
Just to be on the safe side.

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
no matter to setup ESET and webroot,

Nothing to do with webroot
only select WSA.exe on exclusion with Eset...

They go well together...

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
bob974,

Could you post your picture each? And not as a attachment!
To my question! That I sent you!

Thanks!

Goodly

Level 1
Verified
Dec 14, 2012
Slow browsing if these two are installed at the same time.
ESET and Webroot is protected the browsers same time......
EAM with WSA is same problem! The browsing is incredibly slow
Any idea?

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
Moose said:
bob974,

Could you post your picture each? And not as a attachment!
To my question! That I sent you!

Thanks!

[attachment=6088]

Install Eset when webroot is stopped and configure ESET like the picture...

No slowing effect for me...This combo works fine

Attachments

• config ESET.JPG
    config ESET.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 537

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
[attachment=6089]

some enhancements for the HIPS by creating these 2 rules...

HIPS

Attachments

• HIPS ESET.JPG
    HIPS ESET.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 531

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.