Guide | How To How To Start Google Chrome In Incognito Mode Mode By Default

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
For times when you want to browse in stealth mode, Google Chrome offers the incognito browsing mode. Here's how the incognito mode works:

• Webpages that you open and files downloaded while you are incognito aren't recorded in your browsing and download histories.
  • All new cookies are deleted after you close all incognito windows that you've opened.
  • Changes made to your Google Chrome bookmarks and general settings while in incognito mode are always saved.

Start An Incognito Session

How To start an ‘Incognito’ session you just:

• Select the Wrench Icon
    chrome_toolsmenu.gif
    on upper right side of Chrome’s Browser Window.
  • Select New incognito window.
    EPHV5.png

A new window will open with the
chrome_95464.gif
icon in the corner. You can continue browsing as normal in the other window.

You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+N (Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS).

How To Start Google Chrome In Incognito Mode Mode By Default

• Right Click the Google Chrome icon or shortcut on your Desktop,Taskbar etc..
    i5AJW.png
  • Select Properties.
  • On the “˜Target’ field add an –incognito to the end of program path.
    Code:
    -incognito
    XpWBB.png
  • select Ok

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice, actually I really using Incognito just for browsing in forum, caused my older brother was using FF for his business PTC sites.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nice tutorial. I guess this can come in handy just incase you are browsing the internet like banking on a public computer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.