Question How to stop Avast SafePrice prompt to install?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Intentional or not, the extension has over 10M+ installs.

Avast practises can be shady. Extensions that are not crucial to device security should be limited to their own Avast Browser. It should not be attempting to infiltrate other browsers installed by the user.

Reactions: Dave Russo
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I installed Avast Free AV, only minimal installation, File Shield and Behavior Shield. Every time I open Google Chrome I get a prompt to install Avast SafePrice. Is there a way to stop this permanently?
Have you tried: allowing it to install, open a few websites (so extension can send its telemetry), close browser, re-open browser and remove the extension?

Spartan

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2019
Have you tried: allowing it to install, open a few websites (so extension can send its telemetry), close browser, re-open browser and remove the extension?
Just tried that, visited a few sites, removed the extension. Launched Chrome a few times and it didn't ask me to install it; however, upon reboot, the moment I launched Chrome I was prompted to install it again.

Spartan

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2019
Intentional or not, the extension has over 10M+ installs.

Avast practises can be shady. Extensions that are not crucial to device security should be limited to their own Avast Browser. It should not be attempting to infiltrate other browsers installed by the user.
I actually tried it on a few sites to see if it actually can get me any discounts, doesn't find ****.

• Wow
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

old topic on Avast forum How to remove SafePrice! and Avast info Avast SafePrice browser extension - FAQs | Official Avast Support
1685564321125.png

• Thanks
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I installed Avast Free AV, only minimal installation, File Shield and Behavior Shield. Every time I open Google Chrome I get a prompt to install Avast SafePrice. Is there a way to stop this permanently?
I recently tried the Avast Free custom installation and didn't face any SafePrice issues. On the install/custom screen, there are two tiny text options at the bottom left. These options could be the reason for the prompt for SafePrice.

Avast's BehaviorShield is not at the same level of advancement, say, as Kaspersky's. For instance, when I downloaded a harmless sample with a download manager, Avast's FileShield detected it. However, when I repeated the test a few times, BehaviorShield began detecting the download manager as a trojan. I could replicate this behavior after reinstalling Avast.

Spartan

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2019
I recently tried the Avast Free custom installation and didn't face any SafePrice issues. On the install/custom screen, there are two tiny text options at the bottom left. These options could be the reason for the prompt for SafePrice.

Avast's BehaviorShield is not at the same level of advancement, say, as Kaspersky's. For instance, when I downloaded a harmless sample with a download manager, Avast's FileShield detected it. However, when I repeated the test a few times, BehaviorShield began detecting the download manager as a trojan. I could replicate this behavior after reinstalling Avast.
This thread was created on May 31, 2023. We know this issue has been fixed long back.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.