Advice Request Avast main UI pops up every reboot

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Spartan

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 15, 2019
Every time I install Avast for one of our customers (custom installation with only the file scanner, webshield, and mail shield), the main UI opens every time I reboot. AVG doesn't do this.
Anyone else facing this issue?

Note: I did block avastui.exe in the firewall outbound/inbound connections and turned off all privacy options

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I did not block anything, just deselected all data/privacy setting (right) and notifications and showing icon (left)
1695654372066.png

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I faced a similar issue with PDF software. Reinstalling and upgrading to a new version didn't help. I fixed it by using the "Run as admin" option from the desktop icon menu. However, you can try fixing your issue by removing the blocked inbound connections for avastui.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.