Troubleshoot How to sync files from one computer to another?

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Yesterday I got my laptop back from repair and I really need all of these files from my desktop back on my laptop, however I've tried bittorrent sync and it didn't fully sync all of the files even after 2 attempts.

Is there any other program to sync with?

Things I've tried
  • MEGA (Browser crashes and makes me re-download with another crash)
  • Bittorrent Sync (Didn't fully sync all of my files only half of them)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you try by using the Mega Desktop client? Remember to install on both PCs.

OneDrive as an alternative.

Fastest method for slower Internet users is to manually transfer the data, ie. USB stick or external HDD.

I recommend the last solution.

Reactions: Oxygen
Upvote 0

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
It's faster If you use an external HDD rather than using LAN.

For Syncing I use Directory Toolkit. quite an old app but still works for me

Upvote 0

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
I'm not sure whether this work, not tried the software myself. Feem can be used to sync two computers by using wifi, and thus can share files. try it, may be it could work
Link: www.tryfeem.com
Before installing do a scan with VT to make sure that file is clean( I now don't have a broadband connection otherwise I would have done all these)

Upvote 0

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Thank all of you for your replies, but I'd like some more members to reply just because I like to try to find new software to use to do it. I have about 3 days until I need these files so it's ok for people to keep replying.

Reactions: WinXPert
Upvote 0

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I have used "Free File Sync" earlier. It was really good. If you have two systems and want to keep some folder/drive in Sync, it can do that in realtime as well as when you want to.

Reactions: WinXPert
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.