Troubleshoot How to uninstall faronics?

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
I installed faronics and now when I try to uninstall it, it says I can't because their protection is enabled. I read their guide on how to uninstall it and I still get that message. How do I disable the protection? I can't find any exe file from them.

Reactions: DardiM

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
Total Uninstall could help if you still have installed at least an exe belonging to this software. For leftovers after uninstall is good also Your Uninstaller cause it finds remnants of software in the PC. The safe solution for you would be to contact faronics and ask them to provide you a removal tool of their product or try to find it on the internet.

Reactions: askmark
Upvote 0
W

Wave

I've never heard of Faronics before but you can try to boot into Safe Mode and then re-attempt the standard uninstallaton procedure via Control Panel/third-party uninstaller.

Reactions: askmark and DardiM
Upvote 0

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I installed faronics and now when I try to uninstall it, it says I can't because their protection is enabled. I read their guide on how to uninstall it and I still get that message. How do I disable the protection? I can't find any exe file from them.

- Have you tried first to quit the prog / disable the protection ? (before trying to uninstall it)
- Have you tried to uninstall it from safe mode ?
- Have you looked for any services loaded that could be linked to this product ? (Can be helpfull with some products that forget to stop all services and block the processus when we want to uninstal)
=> msconfig => services

Last edited:
Reactions: Wave and askmark
Upvote 0

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Did you follow these uninstall instructions to the letter as this suggests you disable the protection before the actual uninstallation?

To perform a WINSelect uninstall, click on the Administrator node and ensure the
Enable box is not selected.
1. Launch the WINSelect installer WINSelect_Standard_Installer32.exe. The uninstall wizard
appears, asking for confirmation of the uninstall.
2. Restart the workstation to complete the uninstall.

Reactions: Wave and DardiM
Upvote 0

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
- Have you tried first to quit the prog / disable the protection ? (before trying to uninstall it)
- Have you tried to uninstall it from safe mode ?
- Have you looked for any services loaded that could be linked to this product ? (Can be helpfull with some products that forget to stop all services and block the processus when we want to uninstal)
=> msconfig => services
I can't access the program, and when I log in to windows it requires me to give it admin rights so I must run it in order to run my computer or it won't work it. Have not tried uninstalling it in safe mode, do you know of any guides for that?

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.