How to use Problem Solve Recorder!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I see all the members I follow here on MT are just waiting for me to start a new thread.;););)
How many of you use PSR? It's a great tool in W7. It's really neat if your Mother in law wants to know how do do some thing and you don't feel like running over and showing her.
Just type PSR in search. It will record every mouse click. Then it will make a zip and send it to your desk top.
Then just tell your Mother in law to check her email; of course after you have attached it and sent it to her.
I would love to attach some of the zip files I have made, but it seems MT doesn't like zip files and I understand why. Any way this thread might give you bored guys some thing to do if you don't already know about PSR. It can be a great trouble shooting tool also ;). If you have used it, you might explain why you used it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-do-i-use-problem-steps-recorder
  • When you record steps on your computer, anything you type will not be recorded. If what you type is an important part of recreating the problem you're trying to solve, use the comment feature described below to highlight where the problem is occurring.

Some programs, like a full-screen game, might not be captured accurately or might not provide useful details to a support professional.

I

illumination

Most of us use screen casting/recording software such as Camtasia, or Faststone Capture to create tutorials..
I like Faststone myself, as it is light, and can be used portable, it does bot screen shots "with editing tools" and screen recording.. One can then use a Mic for voice instructions, as well as use the editing features to highlight certain aspects during the tutorials..

Reactions: donetao

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
This is good though I prefer faststone while to teach something to any specific friend/etc I use team viewer.

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
Hi! I see all the members I follow here on MT are just waiting for me to start a new thread.;););)
How many of you use PSR? It's a great tool in W7. It's really neat if your Mother in law wants to know how do do some thing and you don't feel like running over and showing her.
Just type PSR in search. It will record every mouse click. Then it will make a zip and send it to your desk top.
Then just tell your Mother in law to check her email; of course after you have attached it and sent it to her.
I would love to attach some of the zip files I have made, but it seems MT doesn't like zip files and I understand why. Any way this thread might give you bored guys some thing to do if you don't already know about PSR. It can be a great trouble shooting tool also ;). If you have used it, you might explain why you used it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-do-i-use-problem-steps-recorder
  • When you record steps on your computer, anything you type will not be recorded. If what you type is an important part of recreating the problem you're trying to solve, use the comment feature described below to highlight where the problem is occurring.

Some programs, like a full-screen game, might not be captured accurately or might not provide useful details to a support professional.

Thanks for this information!! :)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi is Faststone free?? Team viewer is great!! I'm not smart enough to create tutorials; but sense you mentioned it, Mt could use some more good tutorials. It would be a great drawing point to get more members to register on MT. I'm going to get in trouble for saying this some day.
"Some of us don't have any freebies to give away and we are not trained in virus exchanges or malware removal and personally I get a little bored some times." I try to think of a new thread that might give members a place to post their thoughts!!
I have checked some of our tutorials and IMHO they need to be up dated.

Reactions: Tani

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Hi is Faststone free?? Team viewer is great!! I'm not smart enough to create tutorials; but sense you mentioned it, Mt could use some more good tutorials. It would be a great drawing point to get more members to register on MT. I'm going to get in trouble for saying this some day.
"Some of us don't have any freebies to give away and we are not trained in virus exchanges or malware removal and personally I get a little bored some times." I try to think of a new thread that might give members a place to post their thoughts!!
You get 30 days trial with faststone screen capture, it's actually simple screen recorder yet effective & screenshots maker :)

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
As usual I have posted my thread in the wrong section.
Dang it. It's really confusing for me some times to know which section to start my threads.
:mad::mad::oops:

I

illumination

Faststone capture has a $20 price for a lifetime license.. Well worth it.. Nice little, light tool..
http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Maybe the PSR will help some members like myself that aren't video makers.
I think it's a great tool.;)
Here's what I have and it's free, but won't make videos!

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 385

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I never know when to shut up.:mad: Why aren't some of you guys making tutorials for MT??:eek::eek: We have 500+ guests at this very moment. Do you really think they are all here to see if there are any free give a ways. They aren't posting in our malware section!! They aren't posting in our virus scanning section. Maybe they are here to learn just like myself. I don't know??
These are just a old man's thoughts tonight.;)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.