Advice Request How will Kaspersky 2017 perform on a Core i3 laptop?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Hello! I am just asking how would Kaspersky 2017 perform on a core i3 4GB ram laptop? Will it cause performance issues?

Reactions: Winter Soldier

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hello! I am just asking how would Kaspersky 2017 perform on a core i3 4GB ram laptop? Will it cause performance issues?
No, it will not cause performance issues. Those specs are fine.

If you like to leave lots of tabs open in your browser, you should consider using a 32 bit (otherwise known as x86) browser, or else you might find yourself reaching your RAM limits. If you start to run out of RAM, that will cause significant performance issues.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
No, it should not. Minimum Requirements:
  • Intel Atom processor at 1.6 GHz or faster
  • Intel GMA950 video card (or better) with at least 64 MB of memory (or compatible equivalent)
  • Screen resolution of at least 1024×576
Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 System Requirements

No, it will not cause performance issues. Those specs are fine.

If you like to leave lots of tabs open in your browser, you should consider using a 32 bit (otherwise known as x86) browser, or else you might find yourself reaching your RAM limits. If you start to run out of RAM, that will cause significant performance issues.

Thank you very much. I am planning to test Kasper 2017 and I hope it runs perfectly on my laptop.

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I've tested KAV 2016 under Intel® Celeron® Processor 1.8 GHz :oops::rolleyes: and 4 GB RAM and I have to say no big performance issue.
Considering that the new versions usually contain code optimizations I think KAV 2017 is also better in terms of performance.

Thank you very much! It seems that my laptop will be able to run kasper with no performance issue, I hope. Thank you for your reply

Reactions: Winter Soldier
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.