JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Printer CAN print, everything checks out fine, but spooling just dissapears after spooling for a second. It gives up.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Troubleshoot with Help + Support (problem not listed)
Spooler is not sending info to the printer... , I checked all settings and all seems fine. Spooler is on automatic.

I never had this problem ever... it doesn't even make sense to me.... it will test print but ONLY on its HP Printer prefferences, it wont work otherwise. The only odd things is when I went to print, a Microsoft document writer was the default. So I figured this was the issue, but after reboot and the HP printer set to default. Nothing happends, same dissapering spooler and nothing starts printing...

I DON'T GET IT, I didn't change anything.

Now trying to print has froze firefox.

Firefox I'm on the beta update channel could this be a problem, ?I dunno what happened. I just installed this printer a few weeks ago and it was working great. :\

Attachments

• print issue.JPG
    print issue.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 536
  • print issue 2.JPG
    print issue 2.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Im on Firefox 36 beta , im stuck on a beta channel is the beta updates messing things up?

Should I try reinstalling the driver, do i uninstall driver..., it will print but only on test preferences from the Printer itself. It fails with windows printer test page or any others.

The only thing thats happened since last printing was.. I installed WPS Office, and tried and failed a Yandex/Sleiphnir browser for whatever reason (initialize wont work with these browsers)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! Did the print and scan doctor find any thing?? Do you have the install CD. You might have to uninstall and reinstall the printer!! I have done that before.
I hate printers. They are a pain in the neck when they don't work. Most of the time I just uninstall and reinstall!!

Reactions: JakeXPMan
Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Hi ! Did the print and scan doctor find any thing?? Do you have the install CD. You might have to uninstall and reinstall the printer!! I have done that before.

i dunno what i downloaded... it wa sa framework support i think i fumbled the download.

Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
that hewlett packard framework support that i accidently installed, took 4 uninstalls to get rid of it... what is that? is the PC ok? or should i try system restore to retract some problems ?

i dunno if its the printer driver, because it will print... it just doesn't spool properly it the task sets itself and then dissapears from thin air! :mad:

Upvote 0

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Hi ! If you have the CD. It should tell you what to do!!

dont have that, so do i uninstall the driver, the printer... do i unhook everything first? should i go with system restore... sorry im a whirling top, i really need printer access for shipping labels.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.