Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
After the announcing the Jelly Bean-running One X+, HTC confirmed that the One X and the One S will be getting their due Jelly Bean serving in the following weeks. The updates will start rolling out before October ends.

Read More: www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x_and_one_s_to_get_jelly_bean_this_month-news-4889.php

It is nice to see that JB is rolling out to devices, but it is going a bit slow.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Can't wait to get this update!!
The main problem that the One X (like all the other phones) is the battery life,I'm really curios to see if they manage to increase the lifetime of the battery and also the price for the HTC One X+.....

Last edited:

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
when i saw it yesterday for first time i was like "OMG finally, thank you HTC".
been waiting for this update and honestly thought they'd roll it out in like DEC.

Great news for the owners no doubt

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Great this is good. I can now go out and buy this and be sure that I will be getting Jelly Bean :) Thanks for the info WALT :)

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
You can just root and get a JB update :p. Though i must say the HTC One X + is one heck of a phone, though i wanna see if they cleared the thing that's been haunting HTC with their battery life.

P.S. You gotta try Google Now ( http://www.google.com/landing/now/ )

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
mercurial said:
You can just root and get a JB update :p. Though i must say the HTC One X + is one heck of a phone, though i wanna see if they cleared the thing that's been haunting HTC with their battery life.

P.S. You gotta try Google Now ( http://www.google.com/landing/now/ )

Guess you could root it, but I would like to keep the warranty on it and not have a bricked phone ;)

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Guess you could root it, but I would like to keep the warranty on it and not have a bricked phone ;)

It voids warranty yes, but bricking the phone is actually a rare thing unless you try some wierd things on it :angel:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
mercurial said:
It voids warranty yes, but bricking the phone is actually a rare thing unless you try some wierd things on it :angel:

Well what I have heard of what happened to WALT's phone I would rather not try it :p

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Well what I have heard of what happened to WALT's phone I would rather not try it :p

Intresting, i wonder what he did....i have my phone rooted for 6 months now have tried countless of customs roms, infact i have dual roms running ( one for performance the other for battery life) and i have yet to encounter even 1 problem. Though the best thing is you can get the latest of the Android's OS without having to wait for the carriers to release it and it's bloatware free.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
mercurial said:
Intresting, i wonder what he did....i have my phone rooted for 6 months now have tried countless of customs roms, infact i have dual roms running ( one for performance the other for battery life) and i have yet to encounter even 1 problem. Though the best thing is you can get the latest of the Android's OS without having to wait for the carriers to release it and it's bloatware free.

Tried and had a look of doing it to my phone (HTC Wildfire) but found out that I could do it but I was always unsure on how to do it. So ended up just updating to the latest software for the phone and seems to work and perform much faster then when I first got it, but being a HTC Wildfire I would love to see a much more faster and smoother phone ;)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
McLovin said:
mercurial said:

No, this is not the case. I disconnected the cable while flashing the ROM, so it had a soft brick which is extremely easy to fix: repeat the flashing process :p
I guess A hard brick happens when an important system file is being modified.

Rooting is safe and I have done it with over 5 devices. Samsung's are the easiest ones to root.

Just know what app is safe to install and dont play with system files. I was playing with some wifi files and it completely stopped working, I had to flash the ROM again. :D

A factory reset wont help in such case because it only delets apps, files and settings. :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
Rooting is safe and I have done it with over 5 devices. Samsung's are the easiest ones to root.

I've heard they are quite easy to root compared to HTC's.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Tried and had a look of doing it to my phone (HTC Wildfire) but found out that I could do it but I was always unsure on how to do it. So ended up just updating to the latest software for the phone and seems to work and perform much faster then when I first got it, but being a HTC Wildfire I would love to see a much more faster and smoother phone ;)

Ah I know how you feel, the 1st time is always so scary. Mines a Galaxy S2 used to be a battery hog with all the Samsung apps and stuff. Now it works so nice, on my battery ROM a single charge gets me almost 2 1/2 to 3 days w/o needing a charge.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
McLovin said:

I've heard they are quite easy to root compared to HTC's.

Yup Samsung is actually quite easy to root compared to HTC or Sony. Unlike Samsung, HTC and Sony don't want ppl to root their phones so they made it harder to root it.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011

For what are you going to use your smartphone?

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
McLovin said:
For what are you going to use your smartphone?

Not sure what you mean there. :-/

I think he means what are you currently using your smartphone for or what you plan to do with it, if it gets faster.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
mercurial said:
I think he means what are you currently using your smartphone for or what you plan to do with it, if it gets faster.

Well, if it was faster I would use it as an everyday phone but more than likely use the internet on it. As it is now it's really bad to do it.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
McLovin said:
Well, if it was faster I would use it as an everyday phone but more than likely use the internet on it. As it is now it's really bad to do it.

I dont think you need a quad core to do this. I have always been browsing the internet on my tablet for 3 weeks without a problem instead of using my laptop. You know it is a dual core. The Galaxy S2(I9100) and Galaxy note 1 run on exactly the same chipset as mine, but the Note is overclocked to 1.4 GHz.
But if you are planning on heavy gaming, get a quad core.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
McLovin said:

I dont think you need a quad core to do this. I have always been browsing the internet on my tablet for 3 weeks without a problem instead of using my laptop. You know it is a dual core. The Galaxy S2(I9100) and Galaxy note 1 run on exactly the same chipset as mine, but the Note is overclocked to 1.4 GHz.
But if you are planning on heavy gaming, get a quad core.

Just as the man said unless your into hardcore gaming on your smartphone you will hardly notice much of a difference on the day to day things. Since most games are depend on the power of the GPU to pull out it's full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.