App Review Huawei Qiankun Endpoint Security Quick Dance

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

This is windows 10, correct? What all default windows securities are disabled to run this test? What are the file permissions set at in order to execute the script freely on the desktop? Don't mind my questions i just want to understand the methodology a little better as to how the script is able to proceed.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
This is windows 10, correct? What all default windows securities are disabled to run this test? What are the file permissions set at in order to execute the script freely on the desktop? Don't mind my questions i just want to understand the methodology a little better as to how the script is able to proceed.
No, it's Win11 with a StartAllBack desktop (which is a recoding of explorer.exe with all the Win11 thingies disabled and the Win10 interface enabled). As to permissions, all are stock Win11 although I do have WD disabled as this test is specific for Huawei.

The lack of Scriptor detection reminds me strongly of Malwarebytes which is also oblivious to a great many.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

No, it's Win11 with a StartAllBack desktop (which is a recoding of explorer.exe with all the Win11 thingies disabled and the Win10 interface enabled). As to permissions, all are stock Win11 although I do have WD disabled as this test is specific for Huawei.

The lack of Scriptor detection remains mt strongly of Malwarebytes which is also oblivious to a great many.
Thank you, i was curious as to why windows did not react as well. So no changes were done to the script execution policy it is default, assuming the samples were coded to bypass?

I'm also assuming spell correct altered your being reminded of malwarebytes.

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Is this why WiseVector disappeared? Because this looks awfully like re-UI-ed WV.
Yep Its Real!
ARp6zE7.png
This is who was previously responsible for building the ML model for WV.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
And the real EDR version (for business) is on huaweicloud.
But it seems that I can only find it on the Chinese website, and I cannot find this product on the international website (tried both English and traditional Chinese).
It’s probably only for the Chinese market currently. It’s not like many non-Chinese companies will rush to subscribe to their services.

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
And the real EDR version (for business) is on huaweicloud.
But it seems that I can only find it on the Chinese website, and I cannot find this product on the international website (tried both English and traditional Chinese).​
Yes, that's why I didn't put the direct link to Huawei

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
His hiring by H doesn't by extension mean great changes will be made to the product. When Sophos bought SurfRight (HMP) a while ago and hired one of the Loman boys it was hoped that Sophos Scan and Clean would be an improvement on (the occasionally adequate) HitMan. Sadly this is not the case.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.