App Review Huawei Qiankun Endpoint Security Quick Dance

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Not that I mean to start a conspiracy theory, but what better way to ensure backdoors go undetected than by acquiring those who are superb at detecting such things, thus learning how such a detection can be avoided (nasty Ophelia purrs contentedly at such brilliance).

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Not that I mean to start a conspiracy theory, but what better way to ensure backdoors go undetected than by acquiring those who are superb at detecting such things, thus learning how such a detection can be avoided (nasty Ophelia purrs contentedly at such brilliance).
Can picture her purrs... Mischief dancing in her eyes, and a sly smirk playing on her lips! :D

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

So the gist of this thread is not to rely on antivirus products to protect you, but to learn to hunt vulnerabilities in your system/network effectively closing these off, learn to set rules and restrictions and even whitelisting as needed via built in securities of the operating system or other applications that can make that much easier for the user that would need it such as Hard_Configurator.

An example would be such as Windows script host disabling or placing SRP policis and whitelisting scripts you need for certain applications while disabling others such as the outdated vbscript now being replaced by powershell which could be safely disabled to avoid issue. Of course route of infection is a factor, and if there is no vulnerable means in which to initiate this to begin with, probability of issue drops drastically.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017

16VCdeI.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
A new version, 1.1.16.71, has been released and it has some added functionality, as you can see below. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to do another test.

Huawei.png

In the Virus Scan settings, you can now toggle its AI Engine on and off. There is now also a sensitivity setting. Note that by default it's set to "High detection." I didn't change any settings myself. I presume this means that they are confident that there will be few false positives, even on the high setting, as most antiviruses won't use high sensitivity settings by default.

Huawei 2.png

Behaviour Detection is another new feature.

You can download it from the following page. If you already have it installed, you need to update to the new version from the UI, as you can't install the new version manually.

On the computer I'm running it on, very often, updates time out. It took a few attempts to upgrade to the new version. I then had to check for updates again to download the latest signatures and this took many tries before it was successful. I haven't tried it on other computers, so don't know if it is just an issue with my PC.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
You can download it from the following page. If you already have it installed, you need to update to the new version from the UI, as you can't install the new version manually.

image_2024-02-08_215009576.png
:/

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
This is windows 10, correct? What all default windows securities are disabled to run this test? What are the file permissions set at in order to execute the script freely on the desktop? Don't mind my questions i just want to understand the methodology a little better as to how the script is able to proceed.

It should run on Windows 11, which is mostly based on the same codebase as Windows 10.

It’s probably only for the Chinese market currently. It’s not like many non-Chinese companies will rush to subscribe to their services.

No reason to switch from BitDefender or Checkpoint, which are world class business security endpoint solutions.

Reactions: Trident

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.