None
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Edge(Default),Chrome,Firefox
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
N

Noxx

I'm with Milas. I'd recommend one other real-time protection if you're going to use Windows Defender. If not real-time, at least get a few on-demand scanners like Zemana, Emsisoft, or Malwarebytes.

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Simple and good config ;)

WD is good if you not doing any risks..

Play malwares on VM, not randomly installing programs.

Reactions: Wihat

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
yeah, make sure every single node in your network always in real-time protected because I think threat can spread out from VM to real machine.

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
yeah, make sure every single node in your network always in real-time protected because I think threat can spread out from VM to real machine.

So far no problem.. I have 3 systems in my house. Connected with same internet, also my phones. No problem.

Im sure VM is safe enough so far..

Reactions: SpartacusSystem

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I usually use different vendors with different machine to cover each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: safe1st

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Using NAT adapter in network settings of a VM + no shared folders between guest and host (and if you are really paranoid use VPN) should be enough.These are the default settings in VirtualBox anyways, so dont change anything without consulting MT guides. The static malware at the hub I am sure will not affect any firmware or BIOS(bootkits) but having another system( old will do) and another non related connection is preferable.

Reactions: frogboy and safe1st

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.