New Update Huorong Internet Security (Updates)

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
I just hope it`s not too heavy on resources.

Regards Eck : )
No it's not to heavy - it's usualy like in screenshot
190327143551_1.jpg

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Yup! That`s what I found(y)

Could you check out the HIPS component ichito and see if you can get them to work ?

Regards Eck:giggle:

Depends on how you configure it, but hips work. On default settings i'm not sure because i run no Av in default settings.
In testing it works. (hips)
Configure it correct and then run stuff and check logs, hips stop stuff and ask for permission to accept or deny stuff.

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Depends on how you configure it, but hips work. On default settings i'm not sure because i run no Av in default settings.
In testing it works. (hips)
Configure it correct and then run stuff and check logs hips stop stuff and ask for permission to accept or deny stuff.

I thought on default that at least .exe would be queried ?
If you wrote your own custom rules, remember to enable this button on Protection. :)
View attachment 212098

Thanks Jerry I will give this a go when I have the time to.(y)

Last edited:

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Hi Eck how are you? i made some rules and combined them with Chinese user(they have some smart and knowledgeable users) rules.
The hips don't have memory protection, hook protection and ... but 100% free+no adware+bb and signature+ very powerful FW. very good tool to combine with exploit guard(to get memory protection and such)
you can dl my custom rules from Yandex disk. after you dl go to advacned->costume rules and import it.

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I`m fine Sunshine and how`s you ?

Yes this is a good find. Do I need Yandex browser to view the download ?

I take it the firewall bit is an add-on for windows firewall ?

Very good out bound control, sigs not too bad and it`s as light as a feather. Works on XP as well.

Thanks for the reply(y)

Regards Eck:giggle:

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

tiktoshi

Level 5
Verified
Jan 19, 2015
Clean failed
Trojan/Generic!EFB4845FE2BE78F6
.exe
Signature: 2019-04-08 10:57
Started at: 2019-04-08 19:52
Duration: 00:00:06
Object(s): 154
File(s): 94
Threat(s): 1
Cleaned: 0

Virus Details

Path: C:\Users\xxxxxx\Desktop\2\2\2019-03-01-Emotet-binary-used-to-generate-infection-traffic.exe, Detection: Trojan/Generic!EFB4845FE2BE78F6, Detection ID: efb4845fe2be78f6, Result: Clean failed

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Yes this is a good find. Do I need Yandex browser to view the download ?
I'm good thanks.no you can dl it with any browser.
I take it the firewall bit is an add-on for windows firewall ?
no it's not an add-on and I think it uses Windows Filtering Platform(not sure about it)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.