I’m having trouble with something similar to “Win Magic” - desktop wont even load properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

idkwhat2makethis

Thread author
May 29, 2020
Hello, if you’re interested I’ll explain the story. If you aren’t, skip to the second paragraph. I’ve been “abroad” studying for a year and while I was gone my mom had given my brother a pc I used to borrow. I’m home now, and found out it’s been acting up for months now. Of course he downloaded something that had to do with “FREE ROBUX!”.

Anyway, I’ve tried to do what I could as far as having a windows 10 installation thing on a USB. I’ve tried to open the settings to just reset it entirely, and I’ve tried to get the malware out myself. The problem is it might be so bad, or is so bad, (frankly I don’t know as I’m not a very techy person...) that it doesn’t show anything on the desktop at all. I’ll attach a photo. When I start it up, a dashboard for some weird driver app opens saying I need to pay to update drivers. When I hover over the bottom display bar, it just shows the loading thing. When I click, it flashes back, AND SHOWS THE LOADING THING. I disconnected it from the internet the first time I turned it on, now that I think about it I’ll try to turn it on and see how that goes. But basically, the apps that should be on the pc regardless of internet connection, never show up.

(discord: elsie#1812)
^in case you want to see videos of how bad this is, or more pictures. Don’t know, just need it fixed. He’ll inherit this one and I’ll get a new one, or we get a new one but I have to share. I’ve been trying desperately all day.

59E7D238-1160-4D2D-9AD6-3246A6F098B9.jpeg48A527A9-815E-4D17-A227-42153D346F65.jpeg

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Try to boot the computer in Safe Mode with networking.

How to:

If successful download and run this program.

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
[img=[URL]http://deeprybka.trojaner-board.de/eset/eng/attachlogs.png[/URL]]

Attach the file(s). A 2 Steps process.
Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file you wish to Attach. <- Step 1.
Click Attach this file. <- Step 2.
Click the Add reply button.

Please post the logs for my review.

Wait for further instructions

p.s.
This program is updated often.
If it's identified as suspicious by your Anti-Virus program trust it if Downloaded from the link I provided.
You should restore the program from the Quarantine folder.
====

Hope you can post the logs for my review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.