Troubleshoot I can't copy/paste from the browser to Wordpad with Comodo Sandbox.

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
i could not copy/paste from the browser to wordpad when the browser was in comodo sandbox.

i used CS settings.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
i removed the sandbox.
i can't copy/paste from the browser to wordpad when the browser is in comodo sandbox. does any one else have this problem? am i doing something wrong?

i used CS settings.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I asked about this copy/paste issue on the Comodo beta forum, a few months ago, when the feature was new. They said that they deliberately blocked copy/paste from sandboxed apps, for security reasons, and they also said that in a future version of Comodo, they will bring back copy/paste.

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
I asked about this copy/paste issue on the Comodo beta forum, a few months ago, when the feature was new. They said that they deliberately blocked copy/paste from sandboxed apps, for security reasons, and they also said that in a future version of Comodo, they will bring back copy/paste.
thank you very much for replying. (y)

Upvote 0

b4nkhi3st

May 13, 2019
Hi all, I've been using comodo dragon for a few years just for antivirus, but just recently starting playing around with the comodo containment browser in the last few days. This problem really bugged me as well.

I found a novel work around is to also open the word-pad file in comodo container. You can copy and paste between comodo containers.

Best to have the doc file inside the shared workspace under your username that way changes you make to the document be saved to your real file.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
By default, copying clipboard content from sandboxed applications to real user space is disabled. In the newest version(s) of Comodo, you can enable it, if you wish. I don't remember where the setting is, but it should be in autocontainment settings.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.