Question I currently use Wise disk Cleaner. Is there a better one?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
As I mentioned in another thread about Wise Disk...

* I have been using this software for a long time (2 years or longer.) and never noticed anything wrong or shady with it. I really like it. :)

CCleaner is good, but in my opinion, Wise Disk (And its Pro version.) seems to find more.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
As a "gamer" I find this new thing called Microsoft PC Manager helpful. you can give it a go.
I believe it's a friendly UI for Windows in built cleaner it also have a deep cleaner and memory boost which clear your memory by just one click pretty handy

only other thing i do is to just clear %temp% manually every 2-3 days

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
As a "gamer" I find this new thing called Microsoft PC Manager helpful. you can give it a go.
I believe it's a friendly UI for Windows in built cleaner it also have a deep cleaner and memory boost which clear your memory by just one click pretty handy

only other thing i do is to just clear %temp% manually every 2-3 days

Same here, maybe every week or two. temp and %temp% in safe mode, deletes them all.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Many say you don't need a cleaner, just use Windows built in options.
Agree, my two favorite options along with @Like a Western! temp clean up. Some of those cleaning utilities can find way too much, IMO, especially as far as the registry. Kaspersky and Bitdefender will find 4-12 registry issues, and the likes of CCleaner will find 100+.

2023-09-01_19-13-15.jpg

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Agree, my two favorite options along with @Like a Western! temp clean up. Some of those cleaning utilities can find way too much, IMO, especially as far as the registry. Kaspersky and Bitdefender will find 4-12 registry issues, and the likes of CCleaner will find 100+.

View attachment 278365

As for the registry part, that is something I absolutely do not use with either Wise Disk or PrivaZer. Firstly it is too dangerous, and second it is not necessary. Meaning that I believe it will not give any benefit to clean it. (It will not make your computer faster somehow in my opinion.)

Blacktide

Sep 2, 2023
Give HiBit Uninstaller a shot. Not sure why they call it just an Uninstaller because it has tons of features and is very fast and free.
Ive tried dozens of cleaners and this one is the only I use.

My favorite feature is the Task Manager Scheduler. Its so much more cleaner and easier than Windows version. I usually delete over 100 tasks added by programs or services Ive disabled and deleted already

So many apps and services add scheduled tasks and don’t tell you.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Give HiBit Uninstaller a shot. Not sure why they call it just an Uninstaller because it has tons of features and is very fast and free.
Ive tried dozens of cleaners and this one is the only I use.

My favorite feature is the Task Manager Scheduler. Its so much more cleaner and easier than Windows version. I usually delete over 100 tasks added by programs or services Ive disabled and deleted already

So many apps and services add scheduled tasks and don’t tell you.
I like that it has a portable version. Very informative app, and as you said, a lot of good information in the Task Scheduler Manager window. Nice UI, is easy to read and follow.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.