I don't like 360 Total security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mere

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2014
Yesterday I had a bunch of spyware and some malware on my computer. I ran the 360 total security. It told me there was zero. I ran my anti spyware. it said 4 infected. I taken care of that. I ran my antimalware. It said there were 6 infections. I taken care of that. So I went back to Panada free Antivirus. I am going to stay with one for a while.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
You do realize millions of new malware/spyware is creating everyday, nothing has 100% detection even if they say they do. Also don't believe everything your antivirus says to be a virus because most antiviruses detects some false positives.

You might as well uninstall Panda because it has lower detection rate.

Last edited:
S

starchild76

qihooo has good detection , but it comes with a price : a huge ammount of false positives! thats why I am going to stick with AVG ( virtualy no fp's :) )

Reactions: Ulikedat
S

Sr. Normal

Mere with all due respect , I think you're wrong.
It is best to accompany a good antivirus and a good firewall. Whether you go back to Qihoo as if you keep Panda, which for me is great, but not as much as the 360 TS . Accompany the Online Armor Free Firewall http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/oa/ as Comodo Firewall https://personalfirewall.comodo.com/free-download.html
Each will recommend one, the first , both are excellent, but free Online Armor does not need much knowledge
Kind regards .

MalwareFire

Level 3
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Yesterday I had a bunch of spyware and some malware on my computer. I ran the 360 total security. It told me there was zero. I ran my anti spyware. it said 4 infected. I taken care of that. I ran my antimalware. It said there were 6 infections. I taken care of that. So I went back to Panada free Antivirus. I am going to stay with one for a while.
Panada xD Panda*

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
clearly he is trying to defame Qihoo.

Can you show the screenshot or atleast upload the files to Virus Total and share the screenshot?

I do not believe acquisition when someone is saying "my anti spyware" and "my antimalware". Atleast provide the names.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Qihoo has great detections for malware, but not so great when it comes to PUPs, I emailed them once about this and they further clarified that they don't have a specific database for the PUPs if you're just using their engines. But I think if you enable Avira and Bitdefender engines they should take care of the PUPs just fine.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Tell specific if it was adware, spyware, riskware, virus, worm or trojans. Or it was just some registry entries.

Since Qihoo detection rate is very high I don't think any serious infection will be left after the scan.

Show logs of detected threats.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Does 360 TS work on a standard user account? I've heard it doesn't and many users were complaining about it.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Qihoo has great detections for malware, but not so great when it comes to PUPs, I emailed them once about this and they further clarified that they don't have a specific database for the PUPs if you're just using their engines. But I think if you enable Avira and Bitdefender engines they should take care of the PUPs just fine.
Qihoo's own engine detects PUPs too.
Bitdefender and Avira aren't good at detecting PUPs.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did you turn all to the maximum settings including Avira and Bitdefender? Because chances are they triggered more detections unless its an FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.