Troubleshoot I give up .... I think I need that help!

TIA

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2014
I think I may be in a world of trouble now:

There are some things my laptops refuse to do, and that is either run or install malwarebytes, GMER, or spybot. (among a couple of others) Whereas only recently i could get them to run by changing their names.

The ones that were already installed no longer work and if I try to re-run them from my download folder, it says it can't because the files already exist.

If I try to download them again says C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Gmer will run, but again on start up it says 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'.

I have tried TDSSKiller and It said 0 threats found, but so did these too: sonova, aswmbr, F-secure online scanner, Emsisoft, MBRL scan etc

So it seem as though it lets me run software that knows won't find it, or am I being paranoid? :mad:

But my main problem now is trying to get the good stuff running. I'm in a mad loop because I can't delete the disabled software and i can't re-run or download them.

I have tried changing security permission to allow me to change files, so I could delete the old ones before reinstalling but it changes back, or tells me I don't have access or permission.

I have tried Rkill first and then malwarebytes, GMER & spybot.... ....but no luck

I have tried the run command but it says it can't find it and when i browse to it, it says it still can't find it.

I have tried task manager and asking it for a new task ... this one almost gets me there .... but then fails.

what else did I try? Oh yeah....: I tried to Use Malwarebytes Chameleon ... no luck
Also Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Safe Mode with Networking ... no luck

I have already changed the folder settings to Show Hidden Files and Folders.

So, what the hell do I do now?:eek::oops:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.