I had to change 17 passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipo

Level 8
Thread author
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
hey guys, so this evening when I opened my web browser google alerted me for changing some passwords. clicked the link and got to my password manager in chrome. google said that I have to change 17 passwords for 17 websites! i changed all of the passwords that I was prompted for. did anyone received this kind of alert? was this an error or the russians hackers started working? 🙈

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Did you check haveibeenpwned?

Edit: oh, I see where you already changed them. Do you recall any that you can check? What password manager do you use, out of curiosity?
From what I've understood he uses the built in one of Chrome
hey guys, so this evening when I opened my web browser google alerted me for changing some passwords. clicked the link and got to my password manager in chrome. google said that I have to change 17 passwords for 17 websites! i changed all of the passwords that I was prompted for. did anyone received this kind of alert? was this an error or the russians hackers started working? 🙈
One recommendation from me: GRC's | Password Haystacks: How Well Hidden is Your Needle?

Found it on @oldschool Security Config. (y)

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Cases of suspected hacks or infections needs to be handled and dealt with in the correct section. Please open a new thread here :

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.