Advice Request I have an older slower Laptop w/ Win11, would replacing Windows Defender with F-Secure speed it up?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
I don't expect to have any, considering that as you said, Windows 11 is basically Windows 10. Windows 11 does not actually require a TPM 2.0 chip or one of the supported CPUs. Microsoft just added these requirements for increased security and reliability. As a result, I see no reason for Windows 11 to be any less reliable than Windows 10, even on unsupported hardware.
But you are on your own in this journey. It is a gamble. Personally, I would not run W11 on unsupported hardware especially if the device is used for important stuff.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
But you are on your own in this journey. It is a gamble. Personally, I would not run W11 on unsupported hardware especially if the device is used for important stuff.
I wouldn't call it a gamble at all. I don't need Microsoft support. I've only contacted Microsoft support about problems with Windows once in over thirty years of using it. If I ever have problems with Windows I fix them myself, sometimes with some Googling, I don't contact Microsoft.

Reactions: Back3

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
I wouldn't call it a gamble at all. I don't need Microsoft support. I've only contacted Microsoft support about problems with Windows once in over thirty years of using it. If I ever have problems with Windows I fix them myself, sometimes with some Googling, I don't contact Microsoft.
Support is not only contacting Microsoft. If a Windows update causes a major issue on some devices with unsupported hardware, Microsoft will take that as an excuse.

Anyway, I am not defending MS here and I am mad as hell for their unjustifiable business decisions, but let's face it. This is their way of forcing users how don't know the how-tos to replace their devices with newer ones.

Reactions: Back3 and roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.