I like the new design..But!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
I think, as someone pointed out earlier, that feature may only be enabled currently for a different member group.

No worries. After what I went through trying to get Windows Update to work, this is a walk in the park.

I

illumination

@illumination wrote: 'So the next time you insult some one, make sure you understand what you are insulting!'

- Hmm, I do not understand the intent of your post, unless you think I was insulting? Bizarre, but I insult anyone, I think you misunderstood something ..
Takes into consideration that English is not my native language, so ..

I posted the thread "dangling Forum.. I also noticed in your response, a call to "quit whining".. I may have misunderstood, but it seemed to me, that was directed at my thread i posted.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Permissions have to be enabled for different usergroups.We used to have different usergroups on the old forum such as Silver Member,Gold Member(based on post count),different staff groups.As you can see here that some members are "Active Member","Member","New Member" .I am sure it is being worked on,I would assume there are many things that are being worked on such as a portal page ect. just takes some time.Just as some of us aren't used to the new forum software,switching over to a new platform is like starting over,different plugins/mods,bugs,at least we all have our post counts,avatars,old signatures and nothing has been lost.It is a different reputation system on XenForo as are many things different.I think some things are more important than others.

Reactions: MrXidus

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Frankly, I wouldn't have cared about the sig block at all if I had just known that it wasn't available to be edited yet.
It's merely wasting time that I regret.

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@illumination,
'Dangling Forum' - I started with this expression, because it's new and cool to me.
'.. help Jack instead of whining .. '- It's not personal, but involves everyone, myself included. I myself have changed to be positive rather than look for missing small things that probably Jack sees already. So why be concerned about deficiencies of the website? .. Every day we see positive changes, then ..
And if someone is able to help Jack to concretely improve the new XenForo forum software ..
XenForo forum, surely with interesting ideas: http://xenforo.com/community/
-------------------------------
Personally I see two points to improve:
* For the Search feature works better, unnotch natively 'Search this forum only' box. So this must be unnotched.
* For the avatars to be animated, remove the frame, please ..

Last edited:
I

illumination

@illumination,
'Dangling Forum' - I started with this expression, because it's new and cool to me.
'.. help Jack instead of whining .. '- It's not personal, but involves everyone, myself included. I myself have changed to be positive rather than look for missing small things that probably Jack sees already. So why be concerned about deficiencies of the website? .. Every day we see positive changes, then ..
And if someone is able to help Jack to concretely improve the new XenForo forum software ..
XenForo forum, surely with interesting ideas: http://xenforo.com/community/
-------------------------------
Personally I see two points to improve:
* For the Search feature works better, unnotch natively 'Search this forum only' box. So this must be unnotched.
* For the avatars to be animated, remove the frame, please ..

My apologies, it was a misunderstanding.. It is going to take Jack some time to get this all straightened out, it is a lot of work to set these up,especially in mid stride changing from one to another.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Never knew that the signatures were so important. To be fair, my first tough when we move to this platform was to disable them as they do not offer any kind of useful information and they just clutter the thread page.
It's not hard to setup the signature permissions, however before doing this, I wanna it to create the new groups and the promotion system. :p

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
The signatures aren't "so important", Jack...it's just the wasted time looking for something that's not there that you expect to be there and thinking that it's your fault that you can't find it. Until you find out that it's really not there. LOL!

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The signatures aren't "so important", Jack...it's just the wasted time looking for something that's not there that you expect to be there and thinking that it's your fault that you can't find it. Until you find out that it's really not there. LOL!
Look on the bright side,not really a waste of time since while looking for signatures you probably learned some new things about this platform.
I think Jack meant "so important" because it seemed to be the main thing people were worried about.Signatures are more of a perk than a necessity.Usergroups and promotional system are far more important in my opinion.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Much ado about nothing. The fact that we are still discussing it seems an even bigger waste of time at this juncture.
Not sure what all I've learned from all this but I certainly do appreciate Jack's efforts to make the forum better.
I think I'll let this be the last thing I have to say on this particular subject since the constant rehashing of this theme is redolent of dead horses which I think we can quit beating now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.