Not open for further replies.

Sven

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Hello everyone and dear moderators :)

I liked the new design, yet I find it too confusing.. :( I do respect your decisions and fully accept how its now, but, is there any possibility of returning to/changing themes or GUI for a previous/older version GUIs? I'm just an old-school tech guy :)

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Hello everyone and dear moderators :)

I liked the new design, yet I find it too confusing.. :( I do respect your decisions and fully accept how its now, but, is there any possibility of returning to/changing themes or GUI for a previous/older version GUIs? I'm just an old-school tech guy :)

Thanks in advance,
Cheers!
I don't think its possible since last forum software was MyBB and currently its XenForo. they are different.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
MyBB and XenForo are different software platforms, and therefore operate differently. Some other members have said it will take them time to get accustomed to the changes, likewise for most of us here. :)

Reactions: McLovin

Sven

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
I feel that its acceptable :) Yes Earth, you're right, we will get accustomed in time :)

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I think this forum looks nice and has some good new features. It is really not as easy to navigate as the previous one, but I'm sure these things will be ironed out in time. Even basic things such as links in signatures and the search aren't working correctly right now, so the work is far from finished and I wouldn't be surprised if the end result becomes more user-friendly than the previous model.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
It's confusing to me as well. I can't even figure out where the signature block setting is for any changes...

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Dangling Forum .. yes, but the real things are progressing, personally I am already accustomed, but it is true that it lacks things here and there. Patience, patience, Jack (and maybe others) are working on it. If someone has enough knowledge in these things, help Jack instead of whining ..

Reactions: Malware1 and NSG001

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Bit confusing at first I guess. Just have to get used to it I guess.

I

illumination

Dangling Forum .. yes, but the real things are progressing, personally I am already accustomed, but it is true that it lacks things here and there. Patience, patience, Jack (and maybe others) are working on it. If someone has enough knowledge in these things, help Jack instead of whining ..

Dangling forum was posted for a not knowing what was going on, had i known he was just working on learning the site in the back ground for a change, i would not have posted it. It was not whining, but an actual need of understanding due to lack of communication from staff members... So the next time you insult some one, make sure you understand what you are insulting!

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yep! The new links in topics works good now! Evidence that Jack is working on it.
But the old links, those in topics like Shroud of Turin, still not working .. but we hope that this will soon be fixed. Thank you Jack!! ...

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@illumination wrote: 'So the next time you insult some one, make sure you understand what you are insulting!'

- Hmm, I do not understand the intent of your post, unless you think I was insulting? Bizarre, but I insult anyone, I think you misunderstood something ..
Takes into consideration that English is not my native language, so ..

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I believe the editing of signatures has now been added to member permissions

Hover over your Username to the right of the Navbar and click on signature this will then take you to Edit Signature

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
I believe the editing of signatures has now been added to member permissions

Hover over your Username to the right of the Navbar and click on signature this will then take you to Edit Signature

I must need glasses because I'm still not seeing it...though I appreciate the effort on my behalf.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
zbrtqV0.png
UEq9CEd.png

Maybe permissions are set for a certain Usergroup and not others as of yet???? Limited options(no text size,colored text,ect.) as compared to posting of replies & Threads

New site is confusing and not easy for the eyes. Please do something about this.

It will take some time getting used to it but XenForo is miles ahead of MyBB.I have used both XenForo & Vbulletin and I am still getting used to it.Spend a little time with it and don't be afraid to ask someone for help.It is a highly customizable and it will take a little time for Jack to get everything up to speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: McLovin

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
I think, as someone pointed out earlier, that feature may only be enabled currently for a different member group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.