I need sugestions text processors Word or alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i never say to you but i am wirter and researcher in social ciences. I am spanish native i want to know if have another text processor alternative who works well. I have office 365 suscription but i like one text procesor who says me about phrases or words what i repeat much, who have a good spellchecker, who tells me if i do long sentences . Do you know something like that?

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
As for another text processor, the best alternative is probably Libre Office Writer. Its interface reminds me of old versions of Office (2003-). As for the specific features you requested, I can't really tell but maybe you will can test the software to see if you like it (it's a free software, and there's a portable version).

Reactions: Venustus and SHvFl

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
But don't place total faith in Word's "grammar". It often doesn't understand what you are saying, so in a complex language like English, it can make mistakes. You need some common sense and basic knowledge of the language. Artificial intelligence is still pretty dumb when it comes to understanding what people are trying to say, sometimes.

Hi i never say to you but i am wirter and researcher in social ciences. I am spanish native i want to know if have another text processor alternative who works well. I have office 365 suscription but i like one text procesor who says me about phrases or words what i repeat much, who have a good spellchecker, who tells me if i do long sentences . Do you know something like that?

The best people to ask online are professional translators. They are typically very familiar with which soft programs work best for different languages. There are forums that discuss translation generally - such as proz.com.

Reactions: Venustus and shmu26

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
But don't place total faith in Word's "grammar". It often doesn't understand what you are saying, so in a complex language like English, it can make mistakes. You need some common sense and basic knowledge of the language. Artificial intelligence is still pretty dumb when it comes to understanding what people are trying to say, sometimes.

That's one of the reasons Word allows you to ignore a rule :) Actually you can even ignore a rule inside a single phrase and not the entire text.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus and shmu26

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi sorry for the deelay, the notify system does not work at all. Look I want to wirte well in spanish and i know grammar and ortography, include i am "style corrector", but sometimes i have mistakes.
For example in english have short sentences and you use more "." we use more "," and ";", include "- -" are similar function to "()" and ", ,".. We can have very long sentences. I see stilus for word plugin and it alert me about long sentences but that program are too expensive. I can advert a long sentence whitout software but it take me too much time.
And in my wirtes, specialy in social research i have to use concepts for example "adaptation" and sometimes i see in one sentence too many repeats of this word, include i see some expresions repeated. I know atlantis word processor can detect "repeat words" in a single click, but his edit capabilities are too bad.
Because that i as for suggestions.

Reactions: shmu26

Yoda

Level 3
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
I am using Office 2003.
It does exactly what I need. Newer versions have A LOT of new features, but I do not need them.
I have also installed MS 2003 compatibility pack, just to be able to read files created with newer versions of Office.

Reactions: mlnevese

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
In that case i really like "Office 2010" include i have a licence but i lost it and now no installer and not licence . But i really like to see something specialiced on wirters. I see a complement add on caled stilus

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.