GDATA
Emsisoft

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Personally now I would go for BD. They’ve done a really great job in polishing it. Regarding G Data and Emsisoft, I feel that Emaiaoft is a bit lighter.

It is not ram usage that concerns me, but when using G Data cpu spikes and fan noise were noticeable.

Both products use BD engine, so have you considered using BD. Anyway there are always great deals on BD.

ddave

Level 2
Verified
Nov 17, 2014
I found more false positives with Emsisoft than GData.
GData is heavier than Emsisoft in terms of resource usage but it doesn't slow your computer.
Emsisoft has an awesome customer service (I had a direct experience with them).
Maybe GData protects you better than Emsisoft.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I found more false positives with Emsisoft than GData.
GData is heavier than Emsisoft in terms of resource usage but it doesn't slow your computer.
Emsisoft has an awesome customer service (I had a direct experience with them).
Maybe GData protects you better than Emsisoft.
My New Years wish is that Emsisoft would bring back their firewall. ✌️

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
My New Years wish is that Emsisoft would bring back their firewall. ✌️
It was a great firewall. Count me in for that wish.

1673293277662.png

Alyssonn

Oct 1, 2019
Both are excellent products! Either of the two will meet perfectly, in the end it is a matter of personal satisfaction.

Fact is that Emsisoft has a non-standard customer service, the best service I have seen to date!

The user-friendly interface of Emsisoft influences a lot also in my decision, the G-Data as excellent as it is seems abandoned, and this gives a bad impression.

In tests against ransomware Emsisoft is more solid.

Emsisoft allows use together and that's awesome! On my computer today I make use of: Emsisoft + ZoneAlarm (I do not use the antivirus, only the firewall) + Zemana AntiMalware (Reinforcement) + WindsCribe VPN.

Emsisoft has a function that protects the windows firewall, and this is very interesting, the windows firewall is excellent but it is very flawed when it comes to viruses or malicious applications, this is why a virus can manipulate the firewall without difficulties and this makes the windows firewall be flawed, Emsisoft protects the firewall, blocks changes.

I use ZoneAlarm because it is excellent, complete in terms of firewall, protects the system with the default input filter and even makes an analysis of the programs in the output filter, preventing software without provenance or viruses from connecting to external environment.

ZoneAlarm when installed gives the option to install its antivirus function, but I do not recommend it because in addition to being more basic causes slowdowns on the computer.

But basically if you make use of Emsisoft is already well served, the windows firewall in this case will serve you!

Emsisoft is enough on your computer.

I would recommend for example Kaspersky free + ZoneAlarm Firewall, but unfortunately it is not a combination that works, anything installed next to kaspersky causes problems on your computer, kaspersky free alone is good against viruses but does not protect the firewall (which is normal, only Emsisoft protects), and sometimes kaspersky itself turns off the windows firewall, anyway, kaspersky free only even in the last case because the windows firewall with it will not work well.

Any other free antivirus works well with the windows firewall, but it will not protect it, this only Emsisoft does.

A reasonable solution would be to acquire an antivirus that already has a firewall, kaspersky itself for example, but due to its report and the political issues of the country, I recommend you use Emsisoft and if you want (it is not necessary) put next to it the ZoneAlarm Firewall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zartarra

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
@Alyssonn -- G-Data is NOT abandoned. I have used this AV for several months. They quickly reply to support requests. They also continue to pay for inclusion in the latest AV tests conducted by AV-Comparatives and other professional testing organizations. Current test reports of G-Data and other top-tier AVs are readily available for review online, and are linked here at MT forums, Wilders, and other security forums.

"Abandoned" is absolutely THE worst rumor that anyone can say about any app. It can grossly & unfairly damage a developer's livelihood.

Please check your facts before offering this sort of FUD & negative gossip!

Last edited:

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
Yes, I use the business version at home. I use this version to protect three computers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

Scupper

Level 1
Dec 11, 2022
Emsisoft has always had superb customer assistance, however, I stopped being a customer when they implemented the "management console", hated it, and had issues registering my license. Not sure why a single user would need something like that anyways, just makes things more complicated for most imo.
During installation you have the option of both the web console and desktop console, or just desktop. It is handy if you are managing several devices, but it's a choice.

My vote Emsisoft.

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
@Alyssonn -- G-Data is NOT abandoned. I have used this AV for several months. They quickly reply to support requests. They also continue to pay for inclusion in the latest AV tests conducted by AV-Comparatives and other professional testing organizations. Current test reports of G-Data and other top-tier AVs are readily available for review online, and are linked here at MT forums, Wilders, and other security forums.

"Abandoned" is absolutely THE worst rumor that anyone can say about any app. It can grossly & unfairly damage a developer's livelihood.

Please check your facts before offering this sort of FUD & negative gossip!
G-data was the only product that protected my VM in my last month test with new samples. Only Emsisoft could detect almost the same samples because they both use the Bitdefender engine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.