I quit Twitter for a month - it completely changed the thinking ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I quit Twitter for a month - it completely changed the thinking .. topic here ..

I quit Twitter for a month and it completely changed my thinking about mostly everything : by Adam Brault : http://adambrault.com/post/37201680402/i-quit-twitter-for-a-month-and-it-completely-changed-my

' .. I used to believe that time was the most important thing I have, but I’ve come to believe differently. The single most valuable resource I have is uninterrupted thought.

That’s how everything I’ve ever felt was meaningful about my entire life came to be—either people I’ve come to know, things I’ve learned, or stuff I’ve created.

I’ve realized how Twitter has made me break up my thoughts into tiny, incomplete, pieces—lots of hanging ideas, lots of incomplete relationships, punctuated by all manner of hanging threads and half-forked paths. I am perfectly fine with unfinished work—in fact, I doubt I’ll ever be a better finisher than I am a starter. But I’ve found that my greatest joy, deepest peace, and most valuable contributions come from intentionally choosing where to let my focus rest.

As a result of this experiment, I choose to intentionally put more uninterrupted thought into things one relationship, one idea, one piece of writing at a time.

“Grow, prune, grow” is good advice in most areas of life and I think it applies here as well.' .. ..

Good read to YOU! my brother

D

Deleted member 178

:lolz: if the guy's mental scheme can be so easily disrupted by Twitter, he should quit the world and become an hermit ^^

P

Plexx

Celebs use Twitter for "fame".

Hardcore Gamers follow Twitter posts to be up to date.

Online gamblers follow Twitter for "good deals".

I however agree that Majority of world users of Twitter and Facebook are "addicted" to it.

Social networking fever has its addiction points but any society denies its addiction aspects of it. Instead they claim social gaming is a form of addiction without knowing how to distinguish between a social gamer, a lone gamer, a hardcore gamer and the gamers that have social disabilities and difficulties.

There should be organizations similar to gamblers anonymous for social networking and gaming, as well as therapy.

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
There should be organizations similar to gamblers anonymous for social networking and gaming, as well as therapy.

i imagine a discussion of Gamer Anonymous:

hi, john, im Dr House; would you share your issue?

John: i was "satisfying" my wife when i heard from my computer our guildmaster asking us to mobilize for a duel with an enemy guild, i can't resist this call, those guys were despicable by camping us when leveling ! they deserve a lesson ! my DPS warrior build dwarf was resy to kill'em all !!! mouhahahaha

Dr House: and what happened?

John: my wife ask the divorce and i lost my children...

:D

P

Plexx

Umbra Corp. said:
i imagine a discussion of Gamer Anonymous:

hi, john, im Dr House; would you share your issue?

John: i was "satisfying" my wife when i heard from my computer our guildmaster asking us to mobilize for a duel with an enemy guild, i can't resist this call, those guys were despicable by camping us when leveling ! they deserve a lesson ! my DPS warrior build dwarf was resy to kill'em all !!! mouhahahaha

Dr House: and what happened?

John: my wife ask the divorce and i lost my children...

:D

You would be surprised that the most "addictive" games are:
Starcraft 2
League of Legends
World of Warcraft
DotA
EVE Online

Now if we look at the above 5 titles, aside of WoW, all others have eSports teams.

It is depressing actually seeing the societies denying such issues.

When I was on my EVE Online days, PVP was like sacred...

WoW: well I couldnt count the times a single mistake that you would have done, everyone would point the finger at you and "bully" you

LoL: Learning curve too deep but then more and more users getting addicted to that game.

If we look into the perspective that each of the 5 games have in common: Competitive side (Player versus Player (WoW is more PVE and gearing up and show off).

D

Deleted member 178

on my Guild in WOW, our reputation and level was so high that we had many membership's requests so my officers and me have to do like real company : request an application letter + CV then a week of in-game skill tests :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Biozfear said:
You would be surprised that the most "addictive" games are:
Starcraft 2
League of Legends
World of Warcraft
DotA
EVE Online

When I first saw you say LoL I knew it has to be. Brother plays it non-stop when he has the change. Kinda hate games that just take over your life. Never have played DotA, and was thinking of looking into that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.