Not open for further replies.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
3 things:
Is it possible to remove Slimjet's ad blocker (and use, say, uBlock Origin instead) or can it only be disabled?

I want to customize my new tab page to open with StartPage search engine. Can this be done via Slimjet's settings or do I need to use an extension such as New Tab Redirect?

Slimjet isn't recognised by Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free but my current browser, Comodo Dragon, is. Until it is, bye bye Slimjet.

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
3 things:
Is it possible to remove Slimjet's ad blocker (and use, say, uBlock Origin instead) or can it only be disabled?

I want to customize my new tab page to open with StartPage search engine. Can this be done via Slimjet's settings or do I need to use an extension such as New Tab Redirect?

Slimjet isn't recognised by Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free but my current browser, Comodo Dragon, is. Until it is, bye bye Slimjet.
It is disabled by default so you can use any adblocker you desire. ;)

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks. I was hoping it could be removed though. Because MBAE Free doesn't recognise Slimjet I'll probably stop using it. It's a shame because it was noticeably quicker than Comodo Dragon.

PS - I guess I can't do what I want to do with new tab unless I use a 3rd party extension like New Tab Redirect?

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
  • SJ's ad blocker is compiled in. This makes it much faster than an addon can be. But it also can't be removed.

• Not sure what you mean. You can spec the Start Page search box to whatever engine you prefer. Or you can set you preferred engine to be the New Tab and/or Home page.

• Can you add a shield to MBAE, or does that require the biz license?

Reactions: uninfected1

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks @Paul B. I want the New Tab page to open like this. It's possible through settings to set this as the default Home Page but not for new tab as far as I can see. I'm currently using New Tab Redirect to achieve this but I'd like to know if this is somehow possible to achieve without using an extension.

Unfortunately you can only add shields in the paid version of MBAE. As I said it's a real shame because Slimjet was significantly quicker than my main browser Comodo Dragon.

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks a lot. So many more options with Slimjet than Dragon. It feels so much better I think I'll stick with it despite the issue with MBAE Free. I may revert to HitmanPro Alert Free or have a look at Emet.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Awesome. I hadn't heard of MBEA. If it's just a url checker, Panda Free offers that in addition to its other protection.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Also, there's been plenty of talk about SJ on the MBEA forum. It may be that recent builds support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.