I seriously think "Slimjet" browser is the fastest and safest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Rcentely, I made an extensive testing for every single browsers on the internet (28 Browsers) to figure out which is best for everyday's usage...

I tried (Mozilla Firefox, Cyberfox, Pale Moon, Comodo IceDragon, Google Chrome, Comodo Dragon, Maxthon, Maxthon Nitro, Opera, Safari,
Vivaldi, SRWare IRON, Torch Browser, Baidu Browser, Baidu Spark Security Browser, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Cent Browser, 360 Browser, K-Meleon, Tor Browser, Waterfox,
Epic Browser,
7 Star Browser, Yandex Browser, Avant Ultimate, Avant( IE engine) and
Slimjet x64
).
But I finally settled with Slimjet x64:) I will never ever leave it and has earned the honor of being my default browser :D

Why? because Slimjet x64 is fastest and the best one among all of them...(yes, even better than Google Chrome).
Slimjet x64 causes no problems at all and my work efficiency has definitely increased. I can keep tons of tabs open and it would never ever freeze or crash. Compatible to all Google Chrome extensions and in built awesome add-ons like Ad blocker, photo compression, pdf creator and plus it is very secure. When i started using Slimjet x64, I actually could spot the flaws in other browsers. Slimjet x64 is fastest, best and I can customize it according to my use.

Pros
- Lightening fast browser and in my tests, page rendering is alot faster than any other 27 Browsers.
- OMG! for the first time in my life, I can easily watched a number of Youtube videos without any single lagging
(even using bad internet connection).
- Fast (startup process as well as browsing).
- Does everything better than so called Big Browsers like Opera, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Works well with Google Chrome extensions.
- Has a number of amazing built-in features like Download accelerator, easy Youtube video downloader.
- Works very very well with No crash, No freezing issue.
- No unnecessary options and can be easily customized.
- Integrated Ad Blocker.
- Secure and Private.

Cons
Nothing really. I have encountered 0 problems with Slimjet x64 yet.

Download It!
Slimjet Web Browser for Windows 64-bit Version

Last edited:

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Im not quite sure how a browser can "feel" safer...?
I have never tried slimjet but if its anything like chrome then it is probably a bit on the heavier side.(going by my own personal experience.).

But i will say this,pale moon is noticeably quicker than chrome on my computer.I understand that chrome offers good security but my computer was suffering because of it,Too heavy.
I cant see slimjet being that much different,it shares the same engine as chrome.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Cyberfox is intended to be performance wise as it incorporate to optimize on different hardware type so that should be very effective alternative to FF.

Meanwhile Slimjet performance may be same at all but less privacy isues. ;)

Reactions: frogboy

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I cant see slimjet being that much different,it shares the same engine as chrome.
I'm not up on what chrome will do, but SJ allows for limiting the size of cache, for placing the cache wherever you want (like on a faster drive/partition or SD card), and for optimizing the RAM periodically. It also has a built-in ad blocker, which is more efficient than an extension would be. I find SJ a bit slow opening on Windows, but once it's up it's fine. And on Linux there is no lag at all. It does have a native Linux version, including 64 bit.

D

Deleted member 178

and it is one or two builds behind Chrome, so in term of security it is already potentially less safe than Chrome...

Reactions: Butterfly

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I'm not up on what chrome will do, but SJ allows for limiting the size of cache, for placing the cache wherever you want (like on a faster drive/partition or SD card), and for optimizing the RAM periodically. It also has a built-in ad blocker, which is more efficient than an extension would be. I find SJ a bit slow opening on Windows, but once it's up it's fine. And on Linux there is no lag at all. It does have a native Linux version, including 64 bit.
Thank you paul for your explanation.One of the big gripes i have with chrome is its incessant cache building.
gecko browsers are better in this regard.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
and it is one or two builds behind Chrome, so in term of security it is already potentially less safe than Chrome...
Well seeing as slimjet appears to be an independent project i dont think it needs to stick with the chrome release schedule.(i may be wrong on this though.).

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
whats the point in a fast browser if you have a slow internet connection?

Reactions: mal1

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014

This may well have some validity, but being one or two versions back is not always a bad thing. It protected us from the OK Google mess, for instance, with that version of Chromium skipped by SJ entirely. It also gives the SJ devs time to deal with the bad UI design decisions Google sometimes puts out.

Thank you paul for your explanation.One of the big gripes i have with chrome is its incessant cache building.

You're very welcome. I believe there's a command line parameter you can use with chrome to limit cache, but it's unwieldy, and it doesn't cover instances spawned from clicking desktop html links. I find the cache and RAM control features of SJ very valuable on the units I work on, many of which, including netbooks, are not high-powered.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
whats the point in a fast browser if you have a slow internet connection?
There may be a lot of point to it. One guy I recommended SJ to came back saying it revolutionized his surfing because of the ad blocker. Pages now loaded in 1/5th the time, and were far more readable. Of course, you can use an ad blocker extension in many browsers, but it's better to have it integrally compiled in.

One other thing in SJ that might help you is its turbo downloader, which establishes multiple concurrent download threads. It might speed up your downloads, depending on how they are now being handled by the connection.

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
One other small point. SJ allows you to turn off search redirects. Google directs your clicks on search hits through its servers so they can rank pages - and, presumably, build a salable profile on you. That's a small step that's eliminated by enabling the block in SJ, which will help speed things up a bit, and help privacy as well.

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
So in short, (correct me if I'm wrong)

1- slimjet is faster than other chromium based browsers according to independent tests (I hope proponents of this statement support the claim with tables, charts etc.)
2- it offers a feature to disable webRTC

Last edited:

FullTank

Jan 26, 2016
Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. , here is the fastest browser so far from which i used(Mozilla, Chrome, Opera, Explorer, Edge, Safari,UC,oldest Yandex browser version due to the fact it were faster than newest and also had different icon - http://puu.sh/mKTno.jpg , and no i didn't tried Slimjet yet, but from what i hear here, due to it's features & security it will lose to annot which have almost nothing on it lol.. , anyways will try Slimjet one day later, already downloading just in case)

annot browser comes as a bonus from a thingie named annot player, however it lacks some features like Downloading stuff on it , rarely but some videos may appear out of the screen till you full screen them on it as well, however it's still owned every other single browser which i tried and which had disabled pictures on my 350kb/s net, owned them while it - itself had pictures activated :x , ip check websites recognized annot as Safari 2.0 , so i gonna guess that it's probably based on the one of the very first safari (tho Safari 2.0 you can't find in the web for windows, it's only for mac)
specs:
3GB RAM , 7200RPM HDD , 3.06GHz 2 cores , win7 32 bit (win10 to test edge)
and now finally speed wise -
Annot>Edge>Safari>UC>oldest Yandex>Explorer>Mozilla>Chrome>Opera
longest start mozilla, longest page loading opera( turbo boost is a lie ;w; )
lowest count of glitches -
Mozilla>Explorer>Opera>Chrome>oldest Yandex>UC>Annot>Safari>Edge
no matter how slow mozilla start & browsing are, it still recognized by most of the web & support all that, thus when something is glitchy, i just either open mozilla (if i have it installed) or explorer(try to remember that free riot tristana skin which were gave only to explorer users for example :x , or how games from origin started from mozilla but not from opera/chrome, there are many other cases which i just forgot)
anyways from what i learned, the less browser popular and the less features it have, the more chances that it will be the fastest, no one know annot browser for example because of the reasons, that annot browser wasn't even maded for share.. it was just a bonus to annot player lol..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

I have a question: Between Slimjet and Cyberfox, what is faster?.
I use Slimjet/Cyberfox both portable on & off. I find both same on my system. May be little difference on some site Slim being faster & on some Cyberfox.

And I think of all the Chrome/Firefox clone out there Cyberfox is the fastest & consistent to release updates/upgrades quickly i.e almost all the/most of the time within 2-3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.