Advice Request I seriously thought NVT ERP would be a security solution for my mum's computer.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NulFunction

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 2, 2018
TinyWall wouldn't even be allowed to start on my machine due to it's certificate being too old.
Well what ever. I found a Beta of simplewall that is already ten times better than the release version because it shows messages about blocked programs! great thing

EDIT: Spawn can you suggest some install and forget programs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Weebarra

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
TinyWall wouldn't even be allowed to start on my machine due to it's certificate being too old.
Well what ever. I found a Beta of simplewall that is already ten times better than the release version because it shows messages about blocked programs! great thing

EDIT: Spawn can you suggest some install and forget programs?

Re: TinyWall - Did you download it from the link in Post #11, Windows 10 Privacy Guide - Spring Creators Update 2018? Scroll down towards the bottom of the and his link is there. It's his modification of TinyWall with the correct installer and a new sig. If you download from the TinyWall site it will NOT install. Once it's set it will never prompt you. It creates a sane config & will block all outbound connections except those needed by MS or your apps. Read the FAQ section on the TinyWall website (read the whole site) as he makes it very clear!

Reactions: Weebarra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.