I think I have a Possible Rootkit on an outboard seagate backup plus drive I just acquired, Help?

pneuma1985

Level 4
Verified
I recently obtained a new outboard drive off a friend for 10$ lol good deal right...Well I plug her in and format it no problem also note I plugged it into a VM not my host machine to format it completely using Easus Partition Master. It seems as though something got through and that would be a rootkit, but I'm not sure so here are the logs. I should have DBAN'D the drive but instead I figured it would take to long given the size of the drive. So I decided not to zero write the drive out. I really need help if it is a rootkit or is this just HMPA throwing a false positive somehow. I'm not exactly sure how HMPA exploit mitigation works whether it embeds itself into the kernel or what. So if I am kitted I need help removing it. Drive L is the suspected drive that is kitted but I definitely need help on the steps to take to get rid of the rootkit if it is kitted. Thanks for any response. And
 

Attachments

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top