Solved I think something is messing with my Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
Hello, I hope somebody can help me. I think I may have a rootkit or rogue or something that is messing with my Windows Updates and turning it off! I had a similar problem with MalwareBytes, after I update it automatically unchecks my protection boxes. I tried all the recommendation tools from MalwareTips to see if whatever it is can be removed. Here are the tools I used:

TDSS Killer
RKill
Rogue Killer
MalwareBytes scan
Hitman Pro scan
Emsisoft
ADW cleaner

I found some things and removed them, the computer seems clean, but this update problem continues.

I

illumination

Try using a bootable program. Hitman Pro Kickstart, Kaspersky rescue disk,ect..

If these fail to find anything, try running a sfc scannow to see if there is file corruption.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.