Advice Request i3-6100 vs i5-6500

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I would study the art of Custom builds a bit ducky, you can get a solid gaming system on Ebay for
500 to 650 and learn, by the time its time to replace that you will be an expert.

He doesn't need 800. You don't need 800 with 2 gpu he has.
He has a 500$ budget and a quality gpu for dual gpu is way way beyond his budget. 450W is fine if he will stick with this gpu. If he thinks he will ever go to the big gpu models(1080) he should get a 550w.
Yeah but SHvFI its a 1050 GTX just clocking the cards with anything under an 800 is going to cause him issues
and forget clocking the CPU for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah but SHvFI its a 1050 GTX just clocking the cards with anything under an 800 is going to cause him issues
and forget clocking the CPU for sure.
It will not have issues overclock a 1050 on a 450w quality psu. I guarantee you it will not.
Also he can't overclock with a h110 motherboard and the 6500 he is getting. He will need another 100$ easily.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@_CyberGhosT_ Gamers like to build their own :p I would get laugh at if i brought a prebuild machine, MMO communities are not so nice.
lol I run DigitalStorm Customs, i understand, but now on Ebay there are custom builds that are posted, I too will
not buy a pre-fab, the last dell owned was a laptop from 2001 lol

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
One more question, what about the motherboard I chose? ASUS H110M-A/M.2 LGA 1151 mATX Intel Motherboard, is this fine?
It's an Intel so your in the right direction, that one has the juice for what you want, but later you will want a better one.
Keep it, its one of the better choices you made on this build

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I just got dual 1070's not long a go, I wasnt "just" taking into consideration the Card, but the setup
and you have to admit with a 450w PSU he will have very little wiggle room
His pc in full load will not draw more than 200w in no way. He could even go with a 350 and he would have way more. 75w for gpu and 65w for cpu. Rest will be left for everything else that don't use much power.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I would be careful doing that, my last build cost me 3,500.00 bucks :p

Back to Budget builds, LoL! I would bug you when i graduated and land a nice job!

@SHvFl has gotten this system down, I would heed his words!

BTW OP, what games are you planning on running? would the 970 be cheaper? They both scored the same on cpuboss

TheBlue262

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 24, 2015
Back to Budget builds, LoL! I would bug you when i graduated and land a nice job!

@SHvFl has gotten this system down, I would heed his words!

BTW OP, what games are you planning on running? would the 970 be cheaper? They both scored the same on cpuboss
Games like League of Legends, Overwatch, Rainbow six: siege, etc. Those are the games I have in mind as of now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.