Maintenance tools
Ccleaner, Toolwiz Care

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good!! Might want to consider upgraded from Win XP.Thanks for sharing your config :)

Icekingus

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 7, 2012
Actually, I already have Windows 7 Home Premium. Installed the OS and all the soft I need. Then used Advanced Tokens Manager
for making a backup of the keys for it, as well as for Microsoft Office. Backuped the whole C partition with Acronis.
Put it on the shelf for rainy days and returned to my beloved Windows XP. The old flame is hard to put out, you know.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Actually, I already have Windows 7 Home Premium. Installed the OS and all the soft I need. Then used Advanced Tokens Manager
for making a backup of the keys for it, as well as for Microsoft Office. Backuped the whole C partition with Acronis.
Put it on the shelf for rainy days and returned to my beloved Windows XP. The old flame is hard to put off, you know.
Yes I know what you mean I still have a desktop with Win XP SP3 dual booted with Win 7

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How was it you got infected with malware, around 3 months ago? :)

Icekingus

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 7, 2012
Well, I made up my mind to try and see if I could manage without an Antivirus.
It didn't take long to get a surprise. So, I restored my Acronis Image and gave up taking risks for fun.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You can browse in a Sandbox.Sandoxie free is a great program

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Emsisoft Antimalware as the whole suite with Online Armor?If not,what firewall are you using?

Icekingus

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 7, 2012
Only Antimalware. I have tried Online Armor but found out that I can do quite all right without it.
I don't usually prowl around. Just audible or audible dot co dot uk where I download audiobooks for free.
When I want to check a website, I just use WOT (Web Of Trust).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.