Intel N4100
4GB DDR4 RAM
512 Intel 660p SSD

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Using Windows 10 1909 on Laptop with ESET Smart Security Premium. What do I add, Zemana Anti-malware or Zemana Antilogger?

I do not do online banking and I do just casual browsing, and just make documents. Also using McShield.

Or is ESET and McShield enough?

Thank you!

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@ifacedown: You don't need McShield since You already has ESET, also if AutoRuns are disabled...

I think ZAL has become a bit obsolete product and current ZAM3 seems not so good as it was in the past...

As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably. Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices

Kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle:

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Tna
@ifacedown:

As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably. Consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices

Thank you! Wow, they are free! Can I use them to clone my SSD in case I have to replace it? Hard Disk Sentinel and Intel SSD Toolbox are great to determine the health of my SSD?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, both have direct Clone option... about health of SSD, which brand is it? usually Samsung, Crucial and others have their own application to manage SSD features, info, update firmware, etc...

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Yes, both have direct Clone option... about health of SSD, which brand is it? usually Samsung, Crucial and others have their own application to manage SSD features, info, update firmware, etc...
Intel 660p 512GB, a cheap one, using QLC, 5 years warranty, 100 TBW. I use online SSD life calculators, and if I write around 20GB per day it will really last long. I seldom reach 10GB everyday.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.