i'm beginner it

I

illumination

Confused looking at this, is it shared, or not shared? User account Control, i would check to see if this is on and what it is set too. Back up for the system, i would look into some..

Reactions: Venustus

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for your configuration, doyoun.:) On my Windows 8.1 we use Windows Defender AV & Windows Firewall already built in. BitDefender is your choice. The Windows Firewall you now have, with Windows 8.1, is very effective at protecting your system. That is why only an older system needs a firewall as those recommended you earlier. One of the 1st security lessons I'd learned here was to set UAC, User Activated Control, to "Always notify me.." when/if something new will make "changes to your system".
To activate protection from this go to the right side of screen to open charms and...
  1. Select "search"
  2. Type: UAC
  3. Choose: Change user account settings
  4. Move the slide control all the way to the top "Always notify". This gives User (you) warnings for system Account you Control. This lets you think & STOP before choosing "OK". When you are not sure,:oops: choose "NO", & wait until you do know what & why changes are being made before you :eek:open the gates to your computer "treasure".:rolleyes:
This is what UAC means.:)

PS Good luck with IT!:D

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check this (updated) topic for help: http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-share-your-config-read-before-posting.87/

I suggest using Chrome (stable) instead the Dev version. The current method to downgrade is by uninstalling Chrome and then install the stable version from Chrome's website: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Let us know on the following, a staff member can then correct any of the following:
Virtual-Machine Malware Testing: No, but I'm planning to start testing anti-malware products
Number of users for this computer: I'm the only one who is using this machine (Private) / Other people are also using this machine (Shared)
User Account Control settings: I don't know!

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.