Troubleshoot I'm confused on how to remove adware.

Fabulish

Thread author
Dec 8, 2015
I recently found my Mac is infected with ad.doubleclick.net. I'm pretty familiar with adware, and I've done research on how to remove it, but ad.doubleclick.net isn't showing up in my Safari extension preferences, so I'm a bit unsure of what to do at this point. I know I can remove it without any antivirus tools, and I'm a bit reluctant towards downloading any.

A

Alkajak

Malwarebytes Free for Mac (formerly Malware Medic) is an extremely light on-demand scanner and worth having on your Mac at all times, in my opinion. Avast is for extra precaution and I understand not wanting an AV weighing down your Apple product, but try MBAM and let us know if it gets rid of it for you.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.