Improved/Advanced configuration Kaspersky IS/AV/PURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLMALWAREHUNTER

Level 3
Thread author
Oct 20, 2012
144
Biozfear said:
I am not sure if you have read it properly but I never said KAV/KIS froze on me. What I said was drops on FPS and increase on lag for online gaming. I am on a high end laptop specifically for gaming and 2012/2013 are heavy for a gamer, whether you like it or not.

For "Gamers" are a specified mode Game profile.

Im personally play a lot of games in PC how the BTLF3 online and offline, with 8 GB of ram and KIS and dont have any problems.
It is fine if you give your personal opinion but displaying "fanboyism" for the sake of imposing your opinion ain't really working here.

This is not my personal opinion, its an objective opinion after install a lot of this solutions, and after do a lot of personal test, its an objective opinion.

Kaspersky dont pay us, we are not kaspersky employees and we dont must defend kaspersky. When we think that dont have our expectatives we stop of use it.

I think that you have bad reputation of a product that dont have test, and i invite you to test before say it.


Take care :)
 
P

Plexx

KLMALWAREHUNTER said:
Kaspersky dont pay us, we are not kaspersky employees and we dont must defend kaspersky. When we think that dont have our expectatives we stop of use it.

I am not going to go that direction by commenting on the being paid or not.

What I will say is however this:

KLMALWAREHUNTER said:
I think that you have bad reputation of a product that dont have test, and i invite you to test before say it.[/i]

Once again I believe you have not read what I wrote: I have used the product apart from testing aside and I simply provided my opinion in regards of the issue at hand.

Also it seems you have failed to answer my first post regarding your guide of maxing out everything.

Please do not confuse my posts with labeling Kaspersky the worse or bad product.
 

KLMALWAREHUNTER

Level 3
Thread author
Oct 20, 2012
144
Biozfear said:
Also it seems you have failed to answer my first post regarding your guide of maxing out everything.

I say you, this guide is for better detection. Put the setting in "High" mode dont have a big repercusion on the system and elevates the detection and the power of the application.

This guide dont have "Maxim" setting, if i put "Maxim" settings i put a lot of more configurations, include the intensive heuristic scan, the intensive sytem watch and other boxes that are not activated.

This is an Advanced/Improved configuration, not a paranoid configuration. No show more alerts and warning that the default and how say before improve the product. :)

Take care.
 
P

Plexx

KLMALWAREHUNTER said:
I say you, this guide is for better detection. Put the setting in "High" mode dont have a big repercusion on the system and elevates the detection and the power of the application.

This guide dont have "Maxim" setting, if i put "Maxim" settings i put a lot of more configurations, include the intensive heuristic scan, the intensive sytem watch and other boxes that are not activated.

This is an Advanced/Improved configuration, not a paranoid configuration. No show more alerts and warning that the default and how say before improve the product. :)

Take care.

Unless I am confused here but turning everything on HIGH is basically maxing most settings to the highest possible.

Anyways, the main question which you did not answer was this one:

One more question: why always delete as opposed to attempt to disinfect objects? What is wrong with such option? Is it not viable despite being available in the product?
 
P

Plexx

Thanks, missed that reply.

But I still have a question then: if 95% of the times that function is a waste of time, why is it there or enabled by default?

Just trying to understand.
 

KLMALWAREHUNTER

Level 3
Thread author
Oct 20, 2012
144
Biozfear said:
Thanks, missed that reply.

But I still have a question then: if 95% of the times that function is a waste of time, why is it there or enabled by default?

Just trying to understand.

Is not activated by default, the default action is "Automatic action". Is threre beacause in some cases the file that contain the viruse can be saved with desinfection. Now is little useless, because if the viruse infect legit files, the application start an advanced desinfection automatically.

Take care.
 

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
1,011
+Bioz Kaspersky is not intended for gamers. And for heaves sake follow Jacks guide and not this one. Kis will start using excess ram. If you have 4GB+ and a 2.5+ dual core CPU then take the plunge.
If turning every setting to high does not compromise performance the kaspersky labs are not idiot as they would have made it as default.
 
I

illumination

Biozfear said:
I remember Jack had a guide here that tweaked a bit and I actually applied the tweaks on KAV 2012 for some time until I had to swap it for another vendor due to lag and FPS drops.

You are correct, and those were tweaks that increased protection, i used the same guide when i was running KIS as well, and ended up dropping it for the same reasons.

Jacks Tweaks
 

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
1,543
I used to use a more paranoid mode, but now I use defalaut settings with antispam deactivated as I use a web base email.
I also use the following settings:

 

arknoah

New Member
Verified
Nov 22, 2012
22
The default mode of Kasperky Pure seems great to me. :)

anyone can help me ? is there is a way to disable password manager from kasper pure ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

  • MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.

Top