Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Windows Defender
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Windows Defender tweaked by ConfigureDefender (everything ON, cloud protection set to Block)
Periodic malware scanners
  1. HitmanPro
  2. AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chromium portable (launched by chrlauncher) with:
  • Blocksi Web Filter
  • Close & Clean
  • Dark new tab
  • ublock origin
  • Windows Defender Browser Protection
Maintenance tools
  1. Dism++
  2. Explzh
  3. FastStone viewer
  4. Geek uninstaller
  5. NVT SysHardener
  6. Privacy Eraser
  7. RAPR
  8. SUMo
File and Photo backup
Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Edition
System recovery
Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Edition
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
Computer specs
MSI cubi i3 5005U

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Just updated CAV from v11.0.0.6802 to v12.0.0.6810.
The update went smoothly (and this is not very common for Comodo) and the AV is working fine.
The errors mentioned above are no longer there and the integration with Windows Security Center has improved.
Good job Comodo (y)
CAV 12 didn't make any trouble when installing the patch Tuesday update (y)

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Nice choice. I really like and rate Blocksi Web Filter.
Yeah, I prefer system-wide options, but k9 web protection was a bit too hard in blocking and Forticlient web filter uses a lot of processes. Plus, both of them can't be used with DNScrypt.
CleanBrowsing DNS is already good in blocking stuffs, but Blocksi can warn/block unrated websites, which is a great feature, and it's quite light :)

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I actually just installed comodo antivirus aswell today, with the block rule + hips enabled
Much better when i dont have to unblock manually everything that firewall has blocked
Are you using Comodo cloud AV or just Comodo AV? I didn't know Comodo's regular AV had improved.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Are you using Comodo cloud AV or just Comodo AV? I didn't know Comodo's regular AV had improved.
Comodo antivirus, because comodo cloud is blocking certain files from running even i trust them completely

I guess antivirus container is aswell better than in cloud, since its atleast same than cf+ cis has

Comodo cloud with default settings > comodo antivirus with default settings , configured not

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Comodo antivirus, because comodo cloud is blocking certain files from running even i trust them completely

I guess antivirus container is aswell better than in cloud, since its atleast same than cf+ cis has

Comodo cloud with default settings > comodo antivirus with default settings , configured not
Sorry for the questions but I'm way behind on the progress of CAV by the sounds of it. Does CAV, Comodo's normal AV have an auto sandbox too? It used to be just a sig AV didn't it. Sorry for going off-topic imuade - great config.

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
The problem with CF or CIS is that the firewall causes several issues on Windows 10. With CAV set to block unknown you can have the same great level of protection, but without the problems of the firewall module :)
Yeah, it's a shame about the firewall I wish they'd fix the issues with it because I genuinely do like the firewall. But it's great knowing that CAV has the same protection features as CIS/CF just without the firewall. Once tweaked I imagine CAV is very light isn't it? as well as very secure. Thanks again, I've always just assumed that CAV was just the AV and nothing else so it's great to find out that it has all those features too. Do you even notice it running on your machine? As I can imagine it's like not running any protection as far as system responsiveness goes.

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Yeah, it's a shame about the firewall I wish they'd fix the issues with it because I genuinely do like the firewall. But it's great knowing that CAV has the same protection features as CIS/CF just without the firewall. Once tweaked I imagine CAV is very light isn't it? as well as very secure. Thanks again, I've always just assumed that CAV was just the AV and nothing else so it's great to find out that it has all those features too. Do you even notice it running on your machine? As I can imagine it's like not running any protection as far as system responsiveness goes.
Yeah, it's very light, you don't even notice it :)

imuade

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Update 05/05/2019
Just playing with some Chrome extensions:
- removed ublock origin

+ added:
  • Ghostery
  • I don't care about cookies
  • WebRTC Control
  • WebRTC Protect
browserleaks-webrtc-2019_05_05-15_19_36.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.