I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox - uBlock Origin, Netcraft, VTZilla
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Windows Optimize Drives
File and Photo backup
Cloud - Dropbox
System recovery
None, any issues involving the OS i follow up with doing a clean install.
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Dell Precision WorkStation T3500
Intel Xeon W3550
AMD Radeon HD 7700, nothing crazy as no gaming happens. Strictly browsing and work.
DDR3, 12gb
WD HDD, 500gb
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration does not have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
2019 Config. Simple and effective.
But not for everyone. Requires advanced user or occasional help from an advanced user (at least).:giggle:
Pros: strong security (in a home environment) + great system&software compatibility.
Cons: software whitelisting can be too hard for the inexperienced users.
(y)(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.