Malware Analysis Infected file found on a usb drive

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Hello! I have attached a firend's usb drive and Bullguard completed the scan detecting 7 infected files. There's one suspicious file named "t" undetected by Bullguard I have uploaded the file to VirusTotal.

Reactions: Weebarra

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Files have been executed automatically (not by me). 3 files

Bullguard detected them BB

malw.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG
3.PNG

Zemana scan result
zemana.PNG

Reactions: Weebarra

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I see them there but have never used malcode before. How does one get the files?

Thanks
It is not advisable to download the files as they are infected! Anyway, you download the file by downloading the link which usually an IP. Download at your own risk

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

It is not advisable to download the files as they are infected! Anyway, you download the file by downloading the link which usually an IP. Download at your own risk
Is an account needed? clicking on the IP link does nothing.

EDIT: OK I see now, I copy and paste the link in browser and right away, Malwarebytes web filter blocked the first one. Will try the other two.

Reactions: Al-Faqir
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

No account needed! Just copy the IP address and paste it in the address bar! Please the files are infected, proceed with caution
Yes I edited my post but also want to add both SmartScreen and MB block it at same time.

Reactions: Al-Faqir

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
SHP failed miserably detecting these three pieces of malware. It was unable to terminate the hollow process nor clean the malware remains. Reverted to an earlier state of system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.