Solved Infected - please help

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
I posted a couple months ago with a similar issue and they fixed it for me, They had me use combofix and it worked, so I downloaded it again and when trying to scan it told me my norton was still up (even though I had disabled it), it started scanning anyway. 45 minutes in it seemed to be stuck so I rebooted my computer. Tried to run combofix again but the same issue happened (said norton was running when it wasn't). So I rebooted to avoid it scanning again. Now I'm not sure what to do. I ran adwcleaner + farbar prior to downloading combofix but the problem was still there.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 59
  • FRST.txt
    45.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Addition.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 79
  • JRT.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 57

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
Also, I read that using combofix is rather dangerous..I guess I shouldn't have ran it without coming here first. Now I am a bit paranoid that I rebooted during the scan (as I said, 45 minutes in because it seemed to be stalled/stuck..I had assumed because it had said norton wasn't disabled). Is there a risk to my computer now? Everything seems to be running fine...

Zimboombafoo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2014
It doesn't seem to be now but I'll keep browsing and see if anything pops up, thank you..I posted a second question about my bad encounter with combofix, I'll repost it in case you missed it:

"Also, I read that using combofix is rather dangerous..I guess I shouldn't have ran it without coming here first. Now I am a bit paranoid that I rebooted during the scan (as I said, 45 minutes in because it seemed to be stalled/stuck..I had assumed because it had said norton wasn't disabled). Is there a risk to my computer now? Everything seems to be running fine..."

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.