Infection of some kind of ransomware on a windows 2003 server standard edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimiris

Thread author
Feb 16, 2016
Hi,

I was infected somehow with a ransomeware cryptolockers or something on my folder share on a windows 2003 server standard edition.

Although i've manage to get some files with a recovery tool rest of my files are still encrypted somehow.

I dont want to pay for this since i will encourage those guys.

I bumped into this forum by searching for a day now and i hope you will be able to help me recover my woek files which their all word documents mostly.

thank you

Dimitris

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    20.8 KB · Views: 2

Dimiris

Thread author
Feb 16, 2016
Thank you for your reply.
I'm not quite sure if i understand your reply. This is a home machine but i wanted to have a fileserver instead of a standard windows xp system.
Can you please explain better? you dont support this kind of windows systems? or you dont support business systems like windows servers etc...

thanks again for your time

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Both. We don't have tools designed for work on server operating system and I we do not offer help for business systems.

Dimiris

Thread author
Feb 16, 2016
thank you so much and i will really appreciate if you can give me some hints of where i can find some help on my issue.

regards
dimitris

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.