Information teleported between two computer chips for the first time

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
In fact, the positron (anti-particle of electron) is identical to the electron moving backward in time.
This exact interpretations sounds fishy to me.

Quantum entanglement is the crown jewel of physics and even Einstein wouldn't believe this concept until John Bell's paper and the experiments of Alain Aspect proved "spooky action at a distance" was in fact a real phenomenon and Einstein was wrong!
Thanks for sharing! (y)
Well. If quantum computing and communications become established - Physics would lose its niche cuz Quantum Engineering college degrees would be invented.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
screenshot-plus.google.com-2016-12-12-22-44-11.png

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Say what you want, quantum "weirdness" is about as factual as scientific facts get. How to explain it is anyone's guess, but you can't escape the weirdness of it, unless you retreat into Einsteinian denial.

As my old favorite Firesign Theater said: "How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?"

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Ironically quantum electrodynamics is the most accurate theory in physics...Albeit counter intuitibe...As Bohr said..."Nothing is Real"....:)

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Say what you want, quantum "weirdness" is about as factual as scientific facts get. How to explain it is anyone's guess, but you can't escape the weirdness of it, unless you retreat into Einsteinian denial.
? The pic wasn't an argument against entanglement though.

It is Crazy what they have achieved, I almost can't believe it is possible, on some levels we have a bright future ahead of us!😮
Hopefully costs of starting an ISP here would be cheaper because of this so I can actually have internet now instead of 1 GB/day of Facebook for 3 days because we have no net neutrality and mostly because ISPs are assholes.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
None of the quantum stuff makes sense without the weird math they use.
I prefer the elegant electromagnetism math which have a total of five equations to describe all of electromagnetism.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
None of the quantum stuff makes sense without the weird math they use.
I prefer the elegant electromagnetism math which have a total of five equations to describe all of electromagnetism.
That "weird math" has been experimentally confirmed to 14 decimal places....It's a very accurate theory..entanglement,quantum tunneling etc are all real phenomena confirmed experimentally
The math is easier to understand than the complex General Relaitivity mathematics

I do agree that Maxwell's equations are truly elegant but so is this

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I do agree that Maxwell's equations are truly elegant but so is this
Quantum electrodynamics is when you think you have a handsome baby but then it went and grew up.

Quantum electrodynamics is when you think you have a handsome baby but then it went and grew up.
You can't change my mind about this. Everything above undergraduate physics is ugly that's why they don't get hired.

1577694309917.png

• HaHa
Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
You can't change my mind about this. Everything above undergraduate physics is ugly that's why they don't get hired.
Everything above undergraduate physics is where the groundbreaking work happens and it will inevitably be dirty!

You can't change my mind about this
I'm not here to change your mind...I'm here engaged in a gentlemanly discussion;)

Reactions: bribon77

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.